Chapter 38: My Lover is Sleeping

-Mimzy POV
October 1st, 1920

She came from old money alright.

That's what I told myself after I had spent nearly an hour trying to make my way to where she lived. Which were the new luxurious apartments that sat by the lake. Now to figure out which one would be a bit more difficult.

But so, I crept up to each one, peering in through the small gaps of their blindfolds. Though I would run away if I had heard any dogs as they were so nosy they had to let their owner I was on a mission.

To have Alastor all to myself.

Her presence was nothing more than annoying and indeed cause Alastor to not notice me. It was supposed to be me who received all his eternal admiration and overflowing love. And I was planning on getting it.

One of the apartments struck out as there was light coming from it, and I noticed it was from a bedroom. I tip-toed my way towards it, and through the small holes I could see her. Her small body sleeping on the mattress. Now to get in would be the hard way. She only had another window besides her door but had no neighbor in front of her, so that was the best entrance. I pulled out a box cutter and tried lifting the window enough for me to wedge it through. Once I did, I slid it all the bottom of the window; and with all my strength I pushed upwards the window. I didn't expect for these luxurious apartments to not have so careless windows. I put back the box cutter on my bag and braced myself to go inside the apartment.

————————————

-Vaggie POV

-October 1st, 1920

The body of the demon was no longer there. Which begged the question if perhaps his kin took it back with them or had a human tampered with it? More likely the first one, which would create more of a reason for the demons to stop crawling to the human world.

I was making my way back to the apartment. I could've transported to the site but the storm from earlier tonight was a sign that another of my kind was here. I didn't want to attract more attention for myself. Though knowing them, by tomorrow they will pop up with a grand house and announce their presence and their made up story of who they are and how they're here for a family vacation. And I would have to also be a part of it.

Though I did quite  enjoy the walk as it made me think more of tonight's events. Specially the mention fo the Princess of Hell being here.

Lucifer's story in heaven was frowned upon. And since his exile there was little information to know about him now.  But what we had somewhat heard was that he and Lillith had a child. A girl. A Princess. Who was named Charlotte Morningstar.

Here with the humans , Charlotte was a common name so I shouldn't start jumping to conclusions that she and this Princess are one in the same. Or even better, not trust the words of a dying demon. And besides from what I saw of Charlie, she was a genuinely sweet girl; Any spawn that came from Hell wouldn't be.

But the question played inside my head and I couldn't help but replay the moment of realization that dawned upon me. I hated myself to even think of putting her in a position that accused her of any misdeeds. Of course I needed proof, I needed a motive. Why would she come here to kill the humans? To get more souls? But at what cost? If they kept going at it in collecting souls they would gain a population problem which I doubted they wanted in the first place. And it's not like they did anything with the humans, as a matter of fact they sort of isolated them except the ones that gained power through respect.

The apartments could be seen closer the more I kept on walking. It was quite a walk. It surprised me that there were rarely any humans out, specially since the murders happened at night I sort of hoped to see someone in on the action.