When You're On Your Period

| February 6th, 2021 |

~ Classic Sans ~

Your alarm rang throughout your room as you groaned, not yet ready to wake up for a new day. As much as you loved your job at Grillby's, the humans that would visit were just awful. Especially the male ones, the type that shouldn't even be called men. You sighed, forcing yourself out of bed and towards the bathroom, feeling somewhat crappier than normal.

After waking yourself up a bit, you did your usual business, only to find a small spotting on your underwear. "Great, fabulous. Now I need to wash these. They were my favorite pair too..." You sighed, grabbing a pad/tampon from a small basket from behind. "I can't even leave the bathroom since Sans lives with me..crap..maybe he'll be fine with getting me a pair? Hopefully so because I am not staying here for long." Before you could call Sans, you heard knocking on the bathroom door.

"Hey, kid, ya in there? You have only 10 minutes until you're late."

"10 minutes?!"

"Yuuup. It's 7:50 in the morning."

"Great. Just PEACHY!" You groaned, resting your head in your hands. "Hey, since you're here, can you bring me a pair of underwear? Preferably ones that don't look great, please."

"Sure. Any reason why, Buttercup?"

"My period started and I had a small accident, I want to change underwear before starting work."

"Uh...alright, give me a second, kid." As his footsteps left, you breathed a sigh of relief, muttering 'thank the gods..' under your breath. Soon, the door opened and Sans was handing you your underwear, sockets closed while he used his magic to bring it to you. "Here, ya might wanna hurry."

"I'm trying, kinda hard when I'm cramping and bleeding out." Before you could grab the underwear, it stopped suddenly.

"You're bleeding out? Buttercup, what the hell happened?!"

"Sans, I'm fine, really! I just started my per-" Before you could finish, Sans was already at your side, despite you still sitting on the toilet. "SANS-"

"Where are you bleeding?"

"Get out, first of all, please-"

"(Y/n), you just told me you're bleeding out and you expect me to stay calm?!"

"In this situation, yes! If you'd let me finish, you'd know that I started my period!" Silence. Sans has a confused look on his face as he raises a brow at you.

"What do you mean by 'started your period'?"

"You...you don't know what a period is, do you? Not the one for punctuation, I mean for us human women."

"No, not really." You sighed, shaking your head.

"Great...first, can you please back away from me?" At your request, Sans has backed up until he was at the doorway. "Second, let me just give you a brief description." You then gave a somewhat detailed explanation of what your period was about, the basics and necessity of it. After you explained, Sans had this slight look of fear on his face before he quickly turned away, hearing out of the bathroom.

"I'll let you do what you need to do. Take your time, Buttercup." With that, you breathed a sigh of relief as you did what you needed to do, thinking of an explanation to Grillby for why you would be late today.

After a bit, you left the bathroom and headed towards your room, only to stop when you heard Sans pacing while talking on the phone.

"Yes, yes...that's why she won't be coming in today, or the next few days...mhm...no, I understand, I understand...of course, I'll tell her you said 'take care'...see ya later, Grillbz." With that, he hung up, shakily sighing as he sat on your bed. "Period...period...god, what do I do to help? There's no way this is okay...is there anything I can get her to help her feel better? Would chocolate help?" You quietly entered your room, looking over at the worried skeleton as he anxiously searched the web for answers.