How You Met (pt. 2)

[ This is from Nightmare to Fresh. If you wish to read from Classic to Dream, please read the chapter before. ]

| May 17, 2020 |

~ Nightmare Sans ~

You sat under a tree under the cool, crisp night sky as you were silently reading a book. In your lap was a black guinea pig with a white patch on her back. To you, you saw it as a crescent moon, so you had decided to give her the name 'Luna'. You lived in a small village that held the Tree of Feelings, one of the most beloved, if not the only beloved thing in the land, all because it had contained magical fruit.

You weren't as interested as everyone else, you saw no point in gazing upon a magical tree that had magical fruit. You were too busy dealing with your mother anyways. Your mother. Someone who has been on your ass on what to do, what not to do, on just how to be a proper lady. You knew she meant well, but her teachings were horrendous. Hell, you were only out here because of her, after the two of you had a...disagreement.

Your mother was talking to you about your plans for the future, your plans for finding a future husband. You really did not want to talk about it, especially with her of all people. Eventually, you just snapped and spoke back against her, which caused her to speak back against you. Not too long after, you were both yelling. It had gotten to the point where your father had to step in, but even then it wasn't enough.

"Who will maintain you when your father is dead?! No one, (Y/n) (L/n)! You will become a poor and pathetic spinster!"

"Anything! Anything is preferred or endured rather than marrying without affection!" You were quick to grab your book and guinea pig as you stormed off. Your father called out to you.

"(Y/n) don't go into the dark night alone! (Y/n)! I forbid you!!" You ignored him as you continued to walk out of the house you lived in.

You gave a quiet sigh as you placed your book down, gently petting Luna as you rest your head back. "Why can't she understand that I just want to marry out of love...?" You then looked down at Luna as you continued to pet her. "Can't she see I'm old enough to make my own decisions...?"

"It may be because she just wants you in good hands as soon as possible." You jumped, looking over as you saw a tall skeleton standing beside you. He wore a jacket that had long sleeves and was dark purple. It was closed with a gold belt with "NM" on it. He wore black pants and dark purple boots that were slightly heeled. Atop his head was a golden headpiece with a crescent moon on it. "I'm sorry for scaring you, I just noticed a young lady sitting by herself against a tree, in the middle of the night." You stayed quiet for a moment.

"I'm sorry, I'm just here to get some fresh air." He gave a quiet nod.

"May I sit with you?" The skeleton politely asked, to which you nodded in consent as he took a seat beside you. His pinpricks then landing on the book you were just reading. "'Alice in Wonderland'..you enjoy reading?"

"Hm?" You looked down at the book. "Oh, yes. I enjoy reading. Especially fictional themed stories such as this. It gives me something to escape the world, even if for a little while." The skeleton nodded, and you both were in comforting silence. "My..uh..my name is (Y/n), and yours?"

"Nightmare. My name is Nightmare." You gave a small smile.

"Really? You don't seem like a nightmare to me." You joked as you had managed to get a chuckle out of him.

"No, but other people see me as one." You gave a small look of sympathy.

"They shouldn't. You seem like such a nice skeleton." A long, depressing sigh left him as he rested his head on his bony hand.