Becoming Friends

| May 30, 2020 |

~ Classic Sans ~

After thinking about which establishment to work at, you had decided on working at Grillby's. Your job was to take orders, deliver food, and wipe down the tables since Grillby can't touch the water. So far, you were happy with your decision, the only con was having to wear roller skates to help boost your speed on getting things done. But once you found a pair that looked to be slick black boots, you started practicing at home to get used to them.

For the first couple of months, you went on foot in the restaurant, practicing as much as you can every day once you got home. Soon, you were able to get the hang of it and managed a week without any accidents in the place. However, this had brought another problem. Since this place is now above the surface, there are bound to be wandering eyes of a human male trying to get a good look up your skirt as you zoomed by with orders.

You had brought this issue to Grillby one closing day, and thankfully he was understanding as he brought you a uniform made for a male that was surprisingly in your size. Although now some mistaken you as male, you didn't mind it as it stopped the perverted eyes.

As you worked, you had started to learn of a few names of monsters who came to Grillby's daily underground, and one of them was the skeleton that you had met months ago on accident when one of your birds, Shamrock, had flown away and into the skeleton's hands. You learned that he was a regular, so whenever you could, you both would chat about anything new going on, about yourselves, or just anything in general.

You learned that he has a tall younger brother, who went by 'Papyrus', that they both lived alone together with their pet rock. He learned that you lived alone with your two parakeets, Shamrock and Aella, that you had moved from (home state) to start a life of your own. After a while, you had both exchanged numbers and made sure to get a picture of one another for your contact. You both proceeded to text often for the past few months.

~ Underswap Sans ~

You had come down to the doors every day to talk to the two skeleton brothers of the outside, Sans and Papyrus. Although you couldn't meet them in person, you were still happy with their company. Today, it was just you and the bubbly skeleton who always had a taco scent. The two of you seemed to have talked for hours, learning about one another while having your own share of laughs.

After a while, your laughing was quickly stopped short when Astraea had jumped on top of you in excitement, accidentally pushing you through the doors and falling back into the cold snow that rested outside. It was silent. When you opened your eyes, you looked up to see a skeleton looking down at you with ice blue pinpricks. They were filled with curiosity, wonder as you sat up. You then started to panic.

"Oh no, no no no no, no! This isn't good! I'm not supposed to be out like this! You're not supposed to see me! I-I...!" Your panic continued to grow, only for you to hold your breath when you felt a pair of arms wrapped around you, engulfing you in a hug. The arms weren't soft, fluffy, or warm. They were hard, smooth, and a bit cold. You slowly looked up to see that it was the skeleton monster hugging you. You managed to squeak out a single word. "S-Sans...?"

"It's okay, little Berry. It's okay. I'm here." He rubbed your back as you wrapped your arms around him, hugging him back as you both failed to notice Papyrus and Asgore walking towards you both in opposite directions. Once you have calmed down, you and Sans pull away from each other as he gives you a worried look. You gave a small smile back as you helped each other get up. Asgore letting out a deep sigh.