Part 4

They arrived at Kayla's apartment. She invited them in for a coffee before they headed back to their homes. Kayla put her bag down on the breakfast bar and headed around to start making coffees for the boys.

Dan and Tom both went out to the balcony so that they could have a smoke. Tom had rolled one out for Dan and passed it over to him. Tom just pulled out a straight and sparked it up, holding the light to Dan to spark his up.

"Do you think that Carlton is trying to control all of us?" Tom asked sitting back in the chair.

"I'm not sure Tom. I might just tell him to back off and leave us alone. He has no right to come into our personal lives. It's an invasion of privacy. If we want to pursue a relationship with Kayla then that is up to us, and us alone. No one should make any decisions for us at all."

"But it's just strange that the both of us have an audition at the same place and location. The flights haven't been booked yet, so I may cancel and try to get something closer. I've been contacted by someone on the West End circuit and they have a role for me coming up, but I will just need to see what it is. I may take it up."

"I can see you on the West End Tom. It's hard work, but I think that you can do it. I might see if anyone wants to take up 'How to Succeed' and bring that to the West End. I'm quite surprised that it never transferred from Broadway. 'Equus' did, but not 'How To'. It's kind of strange." Dan took a long drag of his smoke.

Kayla came out carrying a tray that had their coffees on and some Oreo cookies.

"Oh Kayla, you're a legend." Tom reached for his cappuccino whilst Dan reached for his Caramel Latte.

"So boys, what are you talking about?" Kayla picked up her black sweet tea.

"We were just discussing auditions. I'm not going to LA next week." Tom told her.

"I'm not going either." Dan slurped his latte.

"Boy's, please don't let this be because of me. I know that we are very good friends, but please don't let me stop you from getting the roles that you want to do." Kayla was worried that her being friends with the pair that they won't go overseas and audition.

"It's not because of you Kayla, please don't worry about that. It's just that I want something closer to home for a while. Me and Dan have been in LA and New York so many times, that we miss London and our parents and families that we just want to stay for some time." Tom told her.

"I would love to do a pantomime at some point in my life. After seeing you on the stage in panto, it makes me want to do that as the next project." Dan sat back in the chair and made smoke rings with his smoke.

"What about putting on our own Pantomime?" Tom just came up with an idea in his head.

Both Dan and Kayla looked at Tom like he had grown a second head and had another two arms.

"What do you mean?"

"We find a script writer, production company, find a cast, dancers and band and put on our own pantomime at Christmas. How hard can it be?"

"Tom, who is going to fund this project?" Dan asked.

"We could fund it Dan. Make our own production company and put on our first pantomime. I reckon we could do it. We just need some guidance. Plus we need somewhere to put on the show. I'm sure that we could pull a few strings and manage to put it on one of the West End theatres. We could ask the team at the Palace Theatre if they could help us out."

"Are you wanting to do this?"

"I'm all for it Dan."

"Kayla?"

"I would need to try and get out of my contract three months early from Mamma Mia! I'm contracted until next year. But yeah if you want it to happen then I'm in."

"So let's celebrate a new collaboration then. To our new dreams and a hope that they will come true."