Part 14

Kayla managed to get home. She put her bag down and her keys in the fruit bowl that was on a set of drawers that was next to the door. She took her coat and shoes off and headed into her kitchen.

Kayla didn't put any lights on and headed to her fridge and got out a 500ml bottle of Pepsi Cherry Max and then went over and headed to her balcony where she then collapsed into a chair and cried her eyes out.

Her phone started buzzing, she grabbed it out of her jeans pocket and looked to see that it was an Instagram notification. She opened the app and she looked to see that it was a picture taken tonight by someone in the audience with Tom down on his knee proposing to Kayla.

'@KMSampson87 are you accepting @T22Felton proposal?'

Kayla cried again as Dan was stood off to one side and she could see his face was upset.

"I can't do this anymore. I need to get out of here." Kayla got up and headed inside. She had put her phone on the breakfast bar as she walked towards the bathroom.

She looked around in her cabinet to see a bottle of each of ibuprofen and paracetamols for her migraine. Kayla put one of each in her hand and popped them into her mouth and took a big gulp of her drink.

Kayla started to become dizzy and then fell and hit her head on the side of the sink.

Tom decided to miss the party and decided to head over to Kayla's apartment. So he got into his car and drove over.

Tom arrived and parked his car and headed up to the front door of Kayla's apartment. He opened up to see that there were no lights on.

He headed in and put the kitchen light on. Tom looked around to see no sign of Kayla. He then spotted her phone to see that it was open to Instagram. He looked to see what the picture was. It was himself and Kayla from tonight.

Tom smiled and hoped that what he did tonight would become reality. He put the phone down and headed towards the bedroom.

The lights were out also in the bedroom. He looked around to see no sign on Kayla in the bedroom and decided to head to the bathroom to see that Kayla was passed out on the floor and a pool of blood next to head.

"KAYLA!"

Tom got to his knees to see that she was passed out and not responding to his calls. He got his phone out and dialled 999 to get an ambulance out to her.

The paramedics turned up and assessed Kayla's state. They found a bottle of pop on the floor next to her feet and a bottle of each paracetamol and ibuprofen.

"We need to get her to the local hospital."

Tom was on the phone to Dan who was still at the pub with the others. He explained that Kayla was on her way to the hospital and then he needed to be there. Tom hung up to see that the paramedics were ready to take Kayla to the ambulance.

"Sir, are you coming with us?" One of the medics asked.

"Yeah, just let me lock up." Tom grabbed Kayla's keys from the side and followed the paramedics out of the apartment and to the awaiting ambulance.

Dan showed up at the hospital and asked at reception about Kayla. He was shown to where Tom was sat waiting in a private family room off to the side.

"Hey Tom, how is she?" Dan asked taking a seat next to his friend.

"Kayla has a big cut on her head as she banged her head as she collapsed in the bathroom." Tom started to cry.

"Hey, she will pull through. Kayla is a strong girl Tom. You will see this."

A doctor knocked on the room door and then entered.

"Are you Tom and Dan?" The doctor asked.

"Yes we are. How is Kayla?" Dan answered.

"She's doing ok for now. The bang to her head is being stitched up and she is coming around from. She's lucky that you showed up when you did otherwise she would die from the blood loss itself." The doctor told them both.

"When can we see her?" Tom asked.

"You can come through and see her now. She will be sent up to a ward overnight, she will be let out tomorrow afternoon."

"She will have to miss the matinee performance. Will she be ok to do her last show tomorrow night?" Dan asked of the doctor.

"Oh, hmm she should be ok. But someone will need to be with her at all times even side of the stage and to make sure that she has plenty of water with her. She may have a bit of a headache, but if she takes some co-codamol then she should be ok."

"Thank you Doctor. We need to arrange for the understudy to take Kayla's role for the afternoon. I will call her in the morning as she was at the pub with the others." Dan mentioned putting a reminder in his phone to call Taylor in the morning to tell her that she was covering for Kayla in the afternoon.