11

Asher tapped on my window, scaring the shit out of me.

"Time's a ticking. Let's go." He said as I opened the door and climbed out, Bella and Isla doing the same. "Bella, Malibu Barbie." He nodded to them as they joined my side.

"Asher, what's going on?" I asked. "What's with the crypticness and why doesn't Chase know we're here?"

"Let's walk and talk, girls." Asher replied as he gestured to a dirt path that he was illuminating with the light from his phone. I rolled my eyes but followed him anyways.

"So?" I prompted.

"Chase doesn't know you're here because it's a surprise." Asher explained.

"Is it his birthday?" Isla asked from behind me.

"No, Malibu Barbie. It's not his birthday." He said, stepping over some rocks.

"Okay, so what?" Bella asked.

"Chase is going to partake in an activity that he specifically told me not to tell Indie about." Asher stated.

"So, then why did you invite her?" Isla questioned as she tripped and grabbed my arm to steady herself.

"A surprise. I just said." Asher turned to face us. "Okay listen, we're just about there. I'm going to take you to where you can sit, and don't move around until I come back"

I glanced back at my friends who looked as confused as I was, before turning around and following Asher once again. A couple of minutes later, and the path opened up to a concrete pad that housed a few picnic tables. To the left was a huge, empty pool. On the other side of the pool there was a makeshift band set up, a couple of amps that were plugged into a small generator. There was around 60 or so people here. I glanced around trying to find any familiar faces but turned up empty handed. Asher led us to a picnic table that was the furtherest back from the empty pool, halfway blocked by a tree.

"Sit." Asher ordered, and we obliged. "I'll be back. Wait here." He walked off.

I placed my bag on the bench beside me, I was sitting on the bench that was facing the empty pool. Bella was sitting opposite me, and Isla was sitting to my right. Bella was glancing around our surroundings with an excited expression, this scene was heaven for her. My eyes drifted over all of the party guests, noticing the guys were dressed similar to how Chase and Asher dress, jeans and hoodies, checkered flannels and vans. The girls were dressed how Bella styled me for the show we saw last week.

"I want a drink." Isla said, nodding to a foldout white table that had a stack of red solo cups, various liquor bottles, and a keg. 

"Me too, but I guess we'll have to wait." I muttered, still throughly confused at the events that were occurring.

"Oh, look something is happening." Isla pointed towards the edge of the empty pool where people were starting to gather.

"Maybe it's like a super secret set from a band from the city." Bella said excitedly.

"Or not." I stated as I saw Asher run to the band set up, picking up the electric guitar and throwing the strap over his shoulder.

"I didn't know Asher played in a band." Bella said, cocking her head, a new found interest in Asher.

"I didn't either." I watched as a guy with a shaved head sat down at the drums, a long haired blonde guy picked up the bass, a brown haired boy sat down at keyboard.

"You don't think..." Bella trailed off and I knew exactly what she was thinking. I found it hard to believe Chase was in a band and didn't mention it to me, however.