14

"Indie?" Chase groaned, clearly I had woken him up.

"Yes. It's me, Indie." I laughed, my words hilarious to my drunken mind.

"Are you okay? It's two in the morning." Chase asked, sounding concerned.

"You know what? I'm not okay, Chase. I'm bored." I slurred into the phone.

"Are you drunk?" He asked.

"Are you drunk?" I repeated.

"Uh... no?" Chase answered.

"Good, so you can come over." I hadn't planned on inviting him over, but oh well. Too late now.

"What?" Chase asked quickly.

"I said, good, so you can come over." I repeated myself.

"Yeah, Indie I heard what you said. Why do you want me to come over?"

I frowned, did he not want to hang out with me? "You can't come over anyways, because you don't have a car."

"Uh- Well, Asher is here, so I can take his car, I guess." I heard shuffling like he was getting out of bed.

I gasped. "You're going to steal Asher's car?"

"No, I'm just going to borrow it." Chase chuckled.

"So you're going to come? Really?" I could practically hear the desperation in my drunken voice. "I'll send you my address. Bye." I hung up, not giving him a chance to change his mind.

After sending him my address, I jumped in the shower, brushed my teeth and brushed out my freshly washed hair. I pulled on a pair of cotton shorts and a tank top before going downstairs to wait.

A couple minutes later, I opened my door to a very tired looking Chase. He was wearing grey sweat pants and a grey hoodie, his camera in his hand. I realized I had never seen Chase without his signature skinny jeans, and my eyes quickly ran down his body, and then back up again.

"Why'd you bring your camera?" I asked, opening my door and allowing him inside.

"I wasn't sure if you called to work on the project." He said quietly, glancing around the foyer.

"You thought I called you here to do school work? It's night time." I led him into the main living area, before stumbling and catching myself on the couch. I let out a laugh before turning around to see Chase eyeing me, concerned once again.

"Are your parents home?" He asked, his eyes darting back around the house.

"No. They're never home. I think they forgot about me." I walked closer to him, stopping when the tips of my toes touched his. "I've never seen you without skinny jeans. You look good." 

"I- uh." He looked down at his clothes. "Yeah, thanks. Can I get you some water, Indie?"

I nodded and gestured towards the kitchen. "In the fridge. You are so nice to me, Chase."

He walked to the kitchen and came back a minute later, holding two bottles of water. He handed one to me, "the whole thing, please." I rolled my eyes at him, but downed it anyways. He held out the other one.

"No way. I'm going to have to pee all night." I pushed it away but he just brought it back.

"Please, Indie."

"Fine." The second bottle took longer to drink, but Chase just watched me until I finished.

"So, was there a reason you asked me to come over?" Chase asked once the bottle was empty.