35

Have you ever woken up with a smile on your face?

Because I haven't... until this morning. 

There were three reasons why I woke up with that smile on my face.

The first was simple, our kiss. The perfect kiss. The one where Chase and I finally collided, creating the dazzling, almost blinding moment where we became one.

A moment, the moment.

The second, and the third... well they were similar, but not the same. The second reason I woke up with a smile was that I didn't wake up in an empty bed.

The third, was that I woke up in Chase's arms.

My back was pressed against his front, our bodies almost melting together as one. I could hear his soft breaths in my ear, his arms were pulled tight against my waist. I wanted to freeze in this moment. There was nothing wrong in this moment.

Everything had come together, hadn't it?

I glanced out of Chase's window, noticing the sky was still dark. I closed my eyes again, wanting to fall back asleep. It only took a few minutes to realize that, unfortunately, wasn't going to happen.

There was excitement running through my veins, and all I wanted to do was tell the girls every single detail. I could already picture their reactions. Bella would roll her eyes and say, see- I told you. And Isla, she would...

My eyes opened quickly, like they do when you're about to fall asleep and you realize you forgot do something extremely important.

Isla wouldn't say anything at all, would she?

I took a breath, shakily, trying to get oxygen into my blood as quickly as possible. I felt the tears in my eyes threatening to spill, and I couldn't wreck this moment with those tears.

Slowly, I wiggled out of Chase's arms. I watched his face as his body eventually flipped, so that he was lying on his back. His eyes only fluttered once, before his face stilled again. When his deep breaths resumed, I slowly inched across the bed. I grabbed my phone from where I had discarded it with my clothes from yesterday,

I mentally breathed a sigh of relief when the screen flashed on in response, wondering how it was possible that it hadn't died without being charged all day and all night.

As quietly as I could, I inched opened Chase's bedroom door, tip-toeing across the hallway to the bathroom. Once the door was shut behind me, I dialled the number, holding the phone up to my face.

I counted each ring, until finally, Bella picked up.

"Indie?" She groaned into the phone. "Are you okay? It's like... I don't even know what time it is."

"Bells, I need you," I told her, focusing on not getting my voice to crack.

There was a second of silence, I heard shuffling on Bella's end, like blankets moving. "Okay, okay... what's going on?"

"I need you to come get me," I whispered. "I'm... about to... I just need you."

"I'm on my way Indie, but I'll be a little bit because I'm at Asher's," Bella told me quickly.

"I'm, uh, I'm not at home. I'm at Chase's," I told her awkwardly.

Another silence. "I'll be about five minutes then."

The call disconnected, and I sighed a breath of relief. It's not that I didn't want to be here with Chase, because I did. I didn't want to have a meltdown in his bathroom, with all six of his siblings on each side of the walls.