Chapter 1 : Re-Start (Edited)

Story by : SinisterInside

Re-Edited by : Sarakura0218

(2016)-(11 Years in the Past)

[Classroom]

I guess this is it, everything is over........, I'm dead. 

well that was what I thought but suddenly I hear some kind of voice, someone was trying to call out to me.......

"Why are you closing your eyes" the voice called out to me.

Am i finally in heaven? but this can't be an angel since her voice is so crude, don't tell me....

"the devil?" i accidentally said it out loud, and the next thing I knew

There was a loud SMACK sound as something hit my forehead. My eyes shot open as a blurry figure approached me and said

"Who are you calling a devil? Stop sleeping in class and get your notebook out- NOW!"

"Ouchh"

after a brief time, I finally remembered who that voice was, it was the voice of my junior high math teacher, Mrs. Ayu.

But why am I here? Wasn't this my ninth-grade classroom? Was this some sort of messed-up flashback? Like the ones everyone says you get when you're dying?

But why the hell would I be remembering getting slapped on the head with a notebook by my math teacher? Don't I have any better memories?

While i was trying to get my bearings on what was actually going on, I heard yet another voice calling out to me,

"pftt..... Hey bro you okay man?" the voice called out to me while trying to hold back his laugh, I look to my left and was surprised to see that it was my friend David.

"I know you're really tired from work but at least try to concentrate while you're in class" said another voice from the seat right behind me.

It was Bayu my other Junior High friend, he was always the strict and diligent one in the group, he would often remind us of how studying is really important.

"We are already in our last year of junior high, so we need to focus on studying so we could get into a better high school," Bayu continued.

"Here we go again, Mr. Smart Guy preaching to us on how we should be living our lives," David said, as he shoved his middle finger at Bayu's face.

 "Being a smartass won't make you a successful person, you know," David said, as he leaned back and fold his hands behind his head.

"And you think, you would succeed in life with that kind of attitude?" bayu snapped back.

"What did you say? You wanna fight me now?"

Those two guys were my best friends. We would often have quarrels, but that's what made our bonds stronger. We each have a different view of life. Bayu was born from a rather well-off family and has a big expectation resting on his shoulders, which is the main reason he is so strict on himself most of the time. David's parents were very lenient with him, making him adopt an approach to life that's very different to Bayu's.

"Hey... guys, stop it," I said quickly. The last thing we all needed was a fight in the classroom. 

But apparently, I was too late.....

A marker suddenly flew towards me at the speed of light, aiming at my already sore forehead. At that moment I could see the colors of fate. The marker had a rather deep red aura. That meant that it was imbued with a very nasty killer intent, and it was coming straight at me. In that split second, I broke down in sweat, feeling truly frightened.