Chapter 11 : Suspicious

I finally arrived at my workplace, not much has changed from what I remembered, the old and run-down led sign that read [HyperIndo]. This was the place I used to work at when I was still in junior-high and high-school. I slowly opened the door handle and quietly tried to walk to the store counter, but the moment I stepped into the shop my colleague suddenly shouted and called me out.

[Inside the store]

"Hey about time you arrived bro, I was all alone this entire time!!"

"Shit, shut up Ridwan"

I waved at him to tell him to shut up, thankfully I didn't catch any sight of my manager, I slowly started walking to the counter again, I turned around and opened the counter door, but as I walked in a pair of hands grabbed my shoulder.

"Late as always, guess it's another wage cut for you"

Shit since when was he inside the counter, it was Mr.Bagas, my manager.

"I'm sorry but It should be my first time Sir" I tried to rebuke with a smile.

"More excuses? How about I fire you next time?"

"I'm sorry sir, there won't a next time."

"Alright you better keep your word, now go to work."

"Yes, thank you, Sir."

I lowered my head and walked to the counter.

"Hey what happened, mate?" Ridwan asked.

"It's all your fault man, if only you keep your mouth shut."

"Hey, it's not my fault you were late."

In the mid of our conversation, a customer came to the counter on Ridwan's side.

"How much?"

"It will be 75 Rupiah"

"Thank you, please come again"

"So what's up with Mr. Bagas?"

"He's mad, he said I was late all the time."

"Isn't this your first time though?"

"Yeah."

"That fatso he's always like that man," Ridwan replied.

"Hey, stop talking and get back to work!" Mr. Bagas shouted from the corner of the store.

"Yes, Sir." both of us replied back.

"So why are you late this time around?"

"I met someone on the way here."

"It's a girl, I bet it's your girlfriend?" my colleague Ridwan asked with a smirk.

"No, it's not like that."

"So it's a guy??"

"Well it is a girl...." I replied back

But as I said that a mysterious-looking person with a hoodie and a cap suddenly bump into the shelf resulting in a lot of things falling down to the floor.

"Ohh...noo..."

the figure crouched down and started to tidy up the things, so it's a girl. I thought it was a boy for a second since she is using a really oversized hoodie. I walked over to her side and I stretched out my hands to help her out.

"Let me help you out."

"Kyaaaaa."

She suddenly shouted in surprise and dropped the things she picked up back to the floor.

"I am sorry...." she said as she dropped her head down.

"It's okay"

But for some reason, I felt that her voice was kinda familiar, but I decided to let it go and walked back to the counter.

"So how was it with that girl you met?"

"She said a few words to me before suddenly vanishing"

"Don't tell me she hit on you, and you declined, she then ran off because you made her sad..."

"Such a playboy...." David replied and nodded to himself.

As David said that the mysterious-looking girl slowly approached the counter while pulling her hoodie down to cover more of her face.

"It's not like that man."

"Don't tell me you were the one being declined?"

"Damn, it would seem that even a handsome guy could be declined in the pursuit of true love."

"Shit man, you watch too much romance anime."

"The girl I met before is actually a...."

As I said that yet another shady figure came into the store, but this time I felt a sinister aura around him, as he stepped in he put one of his hands into his hoodie pocket, this is bad I need to confront him.

"Hey you over there...."

Author's note :

Hey how is everyone doing, I'm back with chapter 11 of colors of fate, this is a rather short chapter, as I'm currently trying to balance out between my university life and also my part-time job XD.

Thank you all for all of your continuous support on the series, there won't be a words glossary in this chapter, but if any of you have any words you felt is rather difficult to understand, feel free to comment in the comment section below, Yeay :3.

So in this chapter, there are actually 2 rather shady figures, Hmm.... who might they be? :3

Well, we better find out in the next chapter,

See you in the chapters to come <3

Ciaosuu~~~~ >.<