Chapter 4

"He's a crybaby, that's what happened"

"So," the Xavier girl began, sitting lazily on the couch "In the future-like in fifty years- giant robot things hunt mutants and we're nearly extinct, right?"

"Yes," Logan answered irritably. This was like the fifth time trying to make her understand. Sure, the future Ella wasn't the sharpest of the three elders but this was a completely another level "They are called Sentinels, not robot things!"

"Yeah, yeah I heard you and the first time" Ella waved her hand nonchalantly "And those robot things you said-they what? They're made to withstand mutant powers and mimic them, and the humans managed to do that with only Raven's DNA? I mean- okay, it took them some couple of decades- but they actually managed to create these monsters?!"

Pinching the bridge of his nose, Charles exhaled tiredly. Already starting to feel a headache forming from all the drinking "Yes, Ella, they did. Can we move on now? We've been stuck at this part for thirty bloody minutes!"

"Yes, do continue please" the redhead mocked.

"Okay, finally" Logan mumbled "Basically, all we have to do is stop Raven"

That made Charles scoff "Even if I choose to help you, Raven won't listen to me!"

"Yeah, she left with Erik" Ella agreed with her twin "You never know what he said to her, but she's not the same Raven we knew, that's for sure"

"I know," Logan said making the twins share a look "That's why we are gonna need Magneto too"

"Erik?" asked Hank confused while the twins burst out laughing "You do know where he is, right?"

"Yeah"

"Oh please!" Ella exclaimed, suddenly turning serious "He's where he belongs!"

Charles got up from the couch and turned to leave the room "That's it? You're just gonna walk out?" Logan asked him.

"Ooh, top marks! As I said, you're perceptive"

"The professor I know would never turn his back on someone who's lost their path, especially someone he loved"

Charles halted in his track. Ella could slightly sense the anger and frustration he felt right now, something that surprised her because she couldn't feel anything from him for some time now. Something that troubled her.

"You know," Charles' voice snapped her out of her thoughts, "I think I do remember you now. Yeah... we came to you, a long time ago, seeking your help, and I'm gonna say to you what you said to us then. Fuck off"

Logan didn't seem to like that answer though, as he angrily grabbed Charles from his collar "Listen to me you little shit!"

The Xavier girl made a move and grabbed the wine bottle before taking a large gulp waiting for the drama to end. When Charles retreated to his room, probably to cry some more, she turned to look at the foreigner.

"There's no point in pushing him to understand, he's not the person you think he is. At least not yet" Ella told him and took another gulp from the bottle.

Logan turned to look at her, an annoyed expression on his face "What the hell happened to him?!"

"He just lost everything. We all lost something" the redhead turned to look at Hank, a melancholic smile gracing her lips "He's a crybaby, that's what happened"

Ella got up from her seat and exited the room, probably going to drown with that bottle of wine. But before she left completely, she glanced behind her shoulder "We will help you. But know this, Erik is a monster"

And then she walked off...

Logan turned to look at Hank "What the hell happened to them?"

Poor Hank exhaled tiredly thinking it was best for him to know somethings "I have a lot to tell you..."

֎֎֎֎

Having calmed down, the group started planning the mission to free Erik from his prison. Ella wasn't very happy about that, actually, she was very grumpy about it. She kept complaining saying that it wasn't a very good idea and they shouldn't trust Erik, knowing from past events that he will execute their mission in a different and much more violent way.

With a blueprint of the building in front of them, the tree mutants listened closely to the explanation Hank was giving them about how it was constructed "The room they're holding him in was built during the 2nd World War when there was a shortage of steel. So, the foundation is pure concrete and sand, no metal"

"He's being held a hundred floors beneath the most heavily guarded building on the planet" Charles laughed mockingly.

"Why is he in there?" Logan questioned.

"Why we forgot to mention?" Ella sarcastically said, "Remember the JFK incident?"

"He killed...!"

"What else would explain the bullet miraculously curving through the air!" Charles said amused at the thought of it.

"Erik always had a way with guns" the Xavier girl muttered "You sure you want to continue?"

"Well, this is your plan, not mine" the foreigner informed them.

"Yeah, but the thing is we don't have any way to get in or out without being seen. We don't have that kind of mutation and neither do you, I presume" Ella informed him with an arched eyebrow.

Logan thought for a second before an idea popped in his mind "I know some guys, yeah, they'd be young right now. Grew up outside of DC. They could get into anywhere"

Something was definitely wrong with him; he wasn't the type to really think about a plan but these last few days have proven otherwise. Maybe the twins had too much influence on him.

"I just don't know how the hell we're gonna find them"

"With Cerebro out of the question" Hank muttered as he thought "We have a phone book"

Vote and comment!