Chapter 3

"Screw it"

"Screw it"

Five days later the trio went to the CIA headquarters in Virginia. Charles was giving a presentation about genetic mutations to the high ranked agents while Ella and Raven accompanied him.

Moira, the girl from the bar had apparently seen a few mutants use their gifts and of course no one believed her when she told them, so she sought after someone that knew about these kinds of things and that's how the trio ended up at the CIA.

"The advent of nuclear age may have accelerated the mutation process. Individuals with extraordinary abilities may already be among us. Thank you very much" Charles ended his presentation and sat across his twin.

"MacTaggert, you really think that some crackpot scientist is going to make me believe in sparkly dames and vanishing men?" the Director of the CIA said making Ella smirk with the nickname he gave to her brother. "You just bought yourself a one-way ticket to the typing pool. This meeting is over"

As Moira went to stand up Charles spoke "Please sit down agent MacTaggert" she reluctantly did as she was told and Charles turned towards Stryker and the Director. "I didn't really expect you to believe me, given that all you could think about during my presentation was what sort of pie they were serving in the commissary" he took a deep inhale and continued "it's apple pecan"

He then turned and looked at Moira "I haven't been entirely honest with you love, I'm sorry. You see, one of the many spectacular things my mutation allows me to do is that I can read your mind"

"I've seen this before in a magic show" agent Stryker mocked "are you gonna ask us to think of a number between one to ten now?"

Charles and Ella chuckled lightly "No, agent Stryker. Although I could ask you about your son, William, who you were thinking about, which is very nice, but I rather ask you about the Jupiter missiles America are currently placing in Turkey"

Both of the agents seemed alarmed as they looked at a smirking Charles in shock "His a goddam spy, you brought a goddam spy into this facility!" the Director yelled as he picked up the phone. Ella gave her twin the look before turning her attention back to the panicking agents.

Oh God...

The room filled with the yelling of all the agents. Raven made a drastic move and changed into the agent Stryker while Ella stood slowly up and lifted her glass of water as she tiredly exhaled before turning it upside down, but the water didn't manage to be spilled as it turned into ice. She then held it upright and turned it back to normal before taking a sip and sitting back down smirking.

The room had quieted down as all the agents looked at the girls in shock. Raven changed into her real form while looking at them confidently.

"How's that for a magic trick?" Ella asked defiantly.