Chapter 5

"It's a twin thing

"It's a twin thing..."

Walking into the large transmitter the twins along with Raven and Erik met up with Hank and his machines. What stood out among the computers and everything else was a helmet with a lot of cables in the middle of the room.

"I, ah, I call it Cerebro" Hank told them after they all entered.

"As in Spanish for brain? Nice one" Ella said and he gave a shy smile.

"Okay, so the electrodes connect Charles to the transmitter on the roof. When it picks up a mutant, his brain sends a signal through a relay, and then the co-ordinates of their location are printed out here" Hank explained while gesturing the machines connected to the helmet in the middle.

"You designed this?" Raven asked amazed.

"Yeah" Hank responded and smiled shyly again.

Charles headed towards the platform and inspected the machine curiously before putting the helmet on and looking forward with his hands behind his back. He was excited and Ella could feel it, she knew that the idea of finding more people like them made Charles feel that way, hell it made everyone feel like that.

She walked to stand in front of him "You ready, Charlie?"

He took a deep breath and gave his twin a small smile "I think so"

"What an adorable lab rat you make Charles" Erik suddenly said making his way towards the two.

"Doesn't he?" Ella excitedly chimed.

"Don't spoil this for me you two"

"I've been a lab rat, I know when I see one" the metal bender said and motioned to himself.

"Okay, great. Are you sure we can't shave your head?" Hank suddenly spoke making Ella stifle a laugh.

"Yeah Charlie, I think it will suit you" the red head told her twin making him glare at her.

"Don't touch my hair" Charles warned him but he was looking at his sister.

Hank then proceeded to turn on the machines by pushing various buttons on the computers. When everything was ready, Charles felt his mind being able to reach everyone else's all around the world and the sudden thoughts that came rushing to him made him feel a pretty bad headache.

Ella suddenly became very dizzy from the sudden overuse of Charles' powers and all the different emotions she could feel through her twin, she tumbled backwards making Erik who was right next to her to put his hand on her back in order to steady her.

"Are you okay?" he asked while looking at her concerned.

"Yeah, it's just our bond that makes me feel like that" she told him grabbing ahold of the railings in order to stay upright as she closed her eyes and took deep breaths so she could relax.