Chapter 2

"What did you say to her?"

"Professor of Genetics Charles Francis Xavier!"

After Charles nomination the twins along with Raven exited the large building and headed towards the rain. Charles opened the umbrella and the two girls held his hands.

"I'm so proud of you Charlie! I know how much you wanted this" Ella hugged her brother excitedly.

Charles always wanted to be a professor, after their fateful meeting with Raven, Charles wanted to learn more about their species, more about their origins. He wanted to understand what gave them those extraordinary powers and why. So, he started studding.

Ella on the other hand had a pretty bad time trying to contain her powers, she still does, and so she turned towards training to keep them at bay. When she was little her powers would sometimes overwhelm her and things in her surrounding would start to change into different forms. But even struggling Ella was always there for her twin when he needed her and that was what Charles cherished the most.

"Thank you, Ellie, for everything" Charles said hugging his twin tighter.

"So, how does it feel to be a professor?" Raven asked Charles making the two break from their embrace and continuing walking forward.

"Ahh, don't call me that, you don't get to be called a professor until you actually have a teaching position" he replied.

"We know but it suits you" Ella smirked making the telepath groan.

"Don't say that, do say "Let's go have a drink""

"Excellent, let's do just that!" the red head said while chuckling.

҉ ҉ ҉ ҉ ҉

A few hours later the trio was on the small bar having fun. Charles and Ella were having a chugging contest with each other while Raven along with the rest of the bar were cheering for them. In the end Charles won for only a second leaving Ella second and last.

"Wow Charlie, you finally beat me!" said a slightly tipsy Ella mockingly while watching her drunk twin struggling to stay upright.

"Yeah, I need another drink and Raven needs another cola" Charles proudly declared making Ella give him a look of disbelief.

"Aren't you drunk enough?" she asked while the two started moving towards the bar.

"Well, I can still stand and you seem fine which is a pretty weird thing if you think about it because we're twins and yet you seem to have a higher tolerance than me..." Charles said slurring his words.

"Okay Charlie, you need to sit and I am going to get you some water" Ella patted her drunk twin on the back.

As Ella left a brunette walked up to Charles and said something to him that the mutant girl didn't catch. Of course, the drunk telepath couldn't pass his chance at flirting and pulled the unknown girl with him.

The red head sat on a barstool and order her twin a glass of water. At some point while waiting she got a weird yet familiar feeling, a feeling she knew all too well since she was ten years old. She only ever felt that when her twin brother was using his gifts.

It was coming directly from their shared bond, a bond that neither of them really understood. So far, they could only feel when one of the two used their powers or the intense emotions the other was feeling and right now Ella could feel his raw and uncontained fascination.

She quickly looked back and saw Charles still talking with the brunette but this time he had a serious expression on his face. He seemed to be fascinated with what he saw in that girl's mind and that made Ella a little worried. What could he possibly had seen to make him feel so intensely that Ella could feel it too? She then saw the girl get up and shake Charles' hand before leaving the bar hurriedly.

"What did you say to her? Or more importantly what did she say to you? You seemed very surprised and intrigued when you peaked into her mind" Ella asked when she reached her brother with the glass of water in her hand.

"We have a situation" he told her while reaching to take the water.

Ella gave it to him and sat down in the same chair the girl was a few minutes ago "Yeah? What?"

"This is going to be a long story" Charles said while taking a seep.

A/N: So here is the second chapter it's kinda small but I promise the next one is bigger!

Tell me what you think about Ella so far!

Please vote and comment.