Chapter 10

"She didn't do this, genius!"

Sitting slowly up from his lying position on top of Erik, Charles put a hand on his temple as a headache started to form. He didn't think much of it as his mind went on his sister that clearly wasn't inside the crushed plane. Being right next to him, Erik saw Charles's panicked face as he seemed to hastily search for something or rather someone.

Understanding his concern, the metal bender stood up too and exited the wreckage of the plane knowing that she wasn't going to be inside. Not too far from him laid an unconscious Ella with a large gashing wound on her forehead and blood coating half of her face. Erik used his powers and lifted her from the ground, he pulled her towards him and reentered the destroyed plane. He ripped one of the chairs that were hanging upside down and slowly placed her on top of it.

Charles rushed towards his twin ready to treat her wounds as he addressed to the team "I read the teleporters mind, Shaw is drawing all the power out of the sub. He's turning himself into some kind of nuclear bomb"

"We've got no time; the Geiger count is going out of control!" Moira informed them.

"Alright, Moira, this is what we're gonna do" the telepath turned to look at her "Get on the radio and tell them to clear both fleets out immediately"

"I'm going in!" Erik announced.

"Beast, Havok, back him up!" Charles looked back at his twin "Erik, I can guide you through once you're in but I need you to shut down whatever it is that's blocking me, then just hope to God that it's not too late for me to stop him!"

"Got it!"

"Good luck!" the telepath called out to everyone before noticing Raven making her way out of the jet "Raven stop!"

"I'm going to help them!"

"We don't have time for this I need you to bring me the first aid kit that is near the pilot's seat and then take care of everything that could come from that entrance, yes?"

The blue mutant huffed disapprovingly but did as told "Fine"

҉ ҉ ҉ ҉ ҉

All Ella could see was black. A sickening dark color that reminded her of the feeling of being alone. A color that held no warmth in it. It was cold and void of life. She started to wonder how long she saw that same black wall that prohibit her of feeling, seeing and hearing things. That kept her in that sleeping state and wouldn't let her wake up and continue with her life. Then she wondered if she was dead and if that was her own personal hell, not being able to do anything but stare at the endless black abyss of nothingness.

All of a sudden, the wall started to crumble as she felt a shearing pain in her head waking her up from her comatose state. Ella gasped from its intensity, it felt like someone was slowly ripping her skull open and then stabbing her brain repeatedly. An ear-splitting scream left her mouth as she couldn't bear the pain any longer. It seemed that she wasn't the only one hurting as she saw her twin brother standing in front of her with a pained look on his face as he screamed too, the two of them synchronizing perfectly like they were the same person, like they were a chorus singing in the church on the Saturday mornings.