Chapter 1

'Is that Charles flirting?'

Walking down the busy streets of Paris Ella Xavier was browsing the stores exhibits while drinking her favorite brew, black tea.

She was thinking back when she was twelve. She and Charles did everything together, from studying to practicing their new found powers.

They always thought and feared that they were alone that they were the only ones in the world with those extraordinary gifts. But all that changed in matter of seconds when one night the twins met a girl like them.

Ella remembers it like it was yesterday when the little shapeshifter broke into their home and took the form of their mother.

A young Charles woke up from his sleep after hearing a disturbing noise. Knowing that everybody was asleep and the maids had left he rushed to wake up his sister who was sleeping peacefully in the room right across from his.

'Ella wake up I think there is a burglar in the house, Ella!' he telepathically told her after reaching her bedside.

Ella shot up in her bed with a loud gasp and then glared at her brother for waking her up. Charles immediately put his index finger in front of his mouth making a 'be quiet' signal.

Ella nodded and quietly got up from her bed and followed Charles out of her room. On their way to the kitchen where the noise was coming from Ella made two baseball bats from one of her pajamas buttons and handed one to her brother.

Charles took it slowly so he wouldn't make any noise and alert the burglar and the twins silently crept towards the door.

They immediately relaxed after seeing it was only their mother but something seemed wrong to Ella. Why would their mother go to the kitchen? She never did.

"Mother, what are you..." Charles started "we thought you were a burglar"

The woman exhaled in relief and closed the fridge with one hand while saying "I didn't mean to scare you, darlings. I was just getting a snack"

Ella was starting to think that her feeling was right and gripped the free hand of her twin as if she would pass this feeling to him too. Why would their mother make a snack on her own and in the middle of the night?

The woman seemed to catch the little movement and asked "What's the matter? Go on back to bed"

But that didn't seem to work and the woman was getting a little nervous and desperate to make the children leave.

She bent over to their level and smiled sweetly "I'll make you hot chocolate" she said after a moment.

Realization seemed to hit Ella hard on the head as she said "Who are you? And what have you done with our mother?"

The woman's facade seemed to slip away as both of the twins started to use their gifts.

She seemed to be terrified as Charles started to speak to her with his mind and Ella made her bat levitate in front of her.

Then realizing her mistake the woman started to shrink and change form into a small girl with blue skin, red hair and striking yellow eyes.

Ella immediately let the bat and it clattered to the ground filling the large room with its patter. She and her twin seemed to be amazed with the discovery of not being the only ones with gifts.

"You're not scared of me?" asked the little girl after a few moments of stunned silence.

"I always believed that we couldn't be the only ones in the world" Charles began.

"The only ones that were... Different" Ella finished.

"And here you are" Charles let go of his sister's hand taking a big step forward and offered it to the girl.
"Charles Xavier" he introduced himself then he motioned back to his sister "and this is my twin, Ella".

The said girl gave a small wave and a friendly smile, then she moved to go to the side of her brother.

"Raven" said the blue girl accepting Charles hand cautiously.

Realization seemed to hit Ella again as she said "You are hungry and alone"

Charles motioned the kitchen and said what his sister was thinking "Take whatever you want, we've got lots of food you don't have to steal"

"In fact, you never have to steal again" Ella said making Charles nod with a big smile on his face.

The sound of her phone ringing snapped Ella back to reality. She quickly picked it up and answered. "Hello?"

"Hey El, how's your little stroll going" Ella heard Raven's voice saying, there was also a lot of noise on the background and Ella could hear a lot of other people's loud conversations but one she recognized immediately.

"Hey Rav, it's good. How are you doing? Wait, is that what I hear Charlie's flirting?" she asked while cringing at the thought of her brother's way of flirting, though she must say that it's efficient.

"Yeah, but anyway when are you coming, you left like an hour ago and I'm bored watching your twin doing whatever he is doing" Raven told her.

"I'm on my way" Ella said and dumped the empty cup of her tea in a trash can.

"OK, you know where we are, bye" the blonde said and ended the call.

Ella exhaled tiredly and put away her phone. She turned around the corner putting her hands on her coat’s pockets and kept walking forward until she saw a little alley. She contemplated her options for a second and then walked into it.

She went behind a dumpster and put a hand in a wall, she then took a deep breath and closed her eyes. Slowly Ella started melting and becoming the wall itself before completely disappearing.

҉ ҉ ҉ ҉ ҉

Leaving a small bar close to the Oxford University Charles Xavier and Raven were bickering about a mistake that Raven did.

In an alley not far from them Ella Xavier materialized from a wall. She opened her eyes and checked both sides of the lane and when she didn't see anyone, she walked out of it.

On her way to the bar she spotted her twin along with her sister leaving hurriedly the small building towards the way of their home.

Ella walked up to them as she heard Charles say "A small slip-up is one thing, a big one does not bear thinking about"

"What did I miss?" she said and both of them turned to look at her.

A/N

Hey, so this is the first chapter. It's a little small but we're still in the beginning.

So what do you think about Ella?

Please comment and vote