chapter four

1. What does the Amortentia in front of you look like?

2. What does Amortentia smell like in theory?

3. What does it smell like for you?

4. What does it smell like for your partner?

5. What would the effects be if you were to take this potion?

6. Is Amortentia the only potion with this type of outcome?

"Alright," Mary said. She looked at the tiny kettle of Amortentia. "Well, that's pink." She took her parchment and started writing the answer. James said nothing and copied her.

Mary looked at the next question. She looked at James, and James shook his head. He didn't know the answer either.

"Marls! Psst! Marls! What's the answer to question 2?" She whisper-shouted to Marlene, who was working with some Ravenclaw James didn't know the name of. The Ravenclaw glared at Marlene, but Marlene whispered the answer to them. "It smells like your crush."

Great. Just the kind of smell James was looking forward to smelling on a perfect day like today. Mary wrote the answer down and smelled the potion.
"Smells like my boyfriend." She said.

"Which one?" James asked. Mary often had a new boyfriend, and James did not try to keep up whatsoever. "Gilderoy."

"Who?"

"Gilderoy. He's from Ravenclaw. He commentated Quidditch last year?"

"Lockheart!? Please say you're planning to break up with him."

"I'm not! Not yet." Mary said. "Now what does it smell like to you."

"It smells like the Quidditch pitch, the snitch, a bit like Sirius when he comes back from his parents, the library, and, for some reason, apple sauce." He said.

"Do you have a crush on Sirius!?"

"It smelled like the library!"

-

One annoying potions class later, James found himself in the middle of History Of Magic, where professor Binns was talking about the history of magic. James was not paying attention. he was figuring out who it could be. A Quidditch player, that's for sure, and she liked the library as well. Maybe Marlene? She's a pretty good beater, and she's smart. She's also a pretty girl. Yes, it was definitely Marlene. With her long, curly blonde hair. And her chocolate brown eyes that looked quite a lot like his.

James spent the rest of the daydreaming about how Marlene's and his future would look. Their wedding would be on the Quidditch field, no doubt. Their daughter would look a lot like Marlene, but with his glasses and black hair instead of blonde. She'd be a chaser, and she'd be smart.

"James? Prongs! Hello? Earth to Prongs?" Sirius said, waving his hand in front of James' eyes. They were in their dorm room.

"What?"

"I was asking you about our next prank. Do you think it's a good idea?"

"What idea?"

"Wow someone paid attention," Remus said.

"Sorry guys. I'm just, I'm just thinking."

"Who is it?" Sirius asked.

"Who is who?"

"Who is the girl who will have to try and live through your endless love letters and songs?" Sirius said dramatically

"Youre tall and fun and pretty
Youre really, really skinny
Lily" Sirius started singing in an overdramatic impression of James.

"Im the Mickey to your Minnie
Youre the Tigger to my Winnie
Lily" Peter joined in.

"Wanna take you to the city
Gonna take you out to diney
Lily" Remus followed

"You're cuter than a guinea pig
Wanna take you up to Winnipeg
That's in Canada!" The three boys continued.

"That's not funny," James grumbled.

"Yes, it is," Remus said. "Now speak up, who is it?"

James looked at the eager faces of the three boys in front of him.

"Marlene." He grumbled.

The boys gasped, and Sirius started singing again.

Youre tall and fun and pretty
Youre really, really skinny
Marlene

Im the Mickey to your Minnie
Youre the Tigger to my Winnie
Marlene

Wanna take you to the city
Gonna take you out to diney
Marlene

Youre cuter than a guinea pig
Wanna take you up to Winnipeg
That's in Canada!

A/n
Song: Cho's song ~Avpm