Epilogue

July 23rd 1986, 2.53 am.

The Potter house was completely silent. Regulus, James, Fleamont and Kayla were sleeping peacefully. That is, until the phone rang, disturbing the peace. Regulus was the first (and only) one to wake up. He walked towards the house phone sleepily. He picked it up.

"it's Regulus, who am I speaking to?" He said.

"FINALLY. The baby is on their way, stupid!" the woman on the other side said frustrated.

"What baby? I thi- OMG SAMANTHA! You can't just call us and not tell us who you are! Do James and I have to pick you up or do we meet at the hospital?"

"you guys are picking me up I AM NOT in a state to be driving right now."

"Okay, see you then." Regulus hung up and rushed back upstairs to wake James up. James wasn't too keen on doing so until Regulus broke the news that their child was on the way. They left a note for Fleamont telling him where they were and to look after Kayla when they were gone.

Not much later, they were at Samantha's place. Samantha was their surrogate, and she'd also carried Kayla. She was now a  good friend of them, and she'd been very close with James' mum before she died last year. Samantha was a muggle, but her sister Lisa was a witch, which is why she knew about the magical world. They took Samantha's car, as it was very dangerous for a pregnant person to use the floo network or apparate. (It had happened multiple times that the baby appeared on the other location out of the womb) James was driving, God knows why because God also knows that he is not a good driver under stress. Regulus was in the back with Samantha.

They arrived at the hospital and Samantha was immediately lead to the delivery room. James and Regulus couldn't come in, so they just waited outside, holding hands and getting dirty looks from certain strangers passing by. Every once in a while, a nurse would give them an update.

At 9.36 am, a nurse came to tell them that the baby's head was finally in sight. Not out yet, just in sight.

9.49 am. The baby's head was out.

10.00 am. Nothing special, just an angry text from Sirius about how he hadn't been alerted. Sirius often forgets how moody he is when anything but himself wakes him up.

10.12 am. The navel cord was apparently wrapped around the babies neck.

"How can they breathe if it's around their neck?" Regulus asked panicked.

"They can't." The nurse said before heading back into the delivery room.

10.14 am. The chord had been removed from the babies neck. They could breathe.

10.20 am. Another angry text from Sirius, asking them why they were not at St.Mungo's

10.29 am. A nurse came to tell them the birthing process was almost done and they could enter the room now.

10.31 am. Jessie Euphemia Remus Potter was born. As soon as Regulus realised it, he checked the clock to make sure the nurses noted down the right time. James was first to hold their daughter, who was crying. But don't worry. If a newborn baby cries after being born, that's a good sign, it means their lungs have emptied successfully. After that, the nurses took the baby away to check if she was healthy. Regulus texted Fleamont to tell him the news. Samantha got assigned a room in the hospital where she could recover.

By the time James and Regulus got their youngest daughter back, Fleamont had arrived with their eldest. Kayla was very excited to see her younger sister and was very proud of herself when she got to hold Jessie for the first time.

A/n
This is the end of all the fighting
This is the end of people dying
This is the end and there's no trying to denying it's gonna be us or them
This is the end
This is the end
This is the end this is the end this is the end this is the end
This is the end.

Hope you liked it!
Check out my profile its_Luka-writes for more of my stories.

   ~ Luka

Pretend.On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara