chapter eighteen

Okay, okay, fine. James had been looking at the catalogue of the local jewellery store. He'd been looking for a perfect ring. He was planning on proposing. He would like to have Sirius' permission first, as it was a tradition in the Potter family to first ask permission from your lovers' parents, and he had a feeling Walburga wouldn't approve. Once the two boys finished eating their meals, they collected their stuff and headed back to the tunnel. They reached the statue of the old witch surprisingly fast, but they didn't leave the tunnel yet.

"Do you think Sirius will be calmed down yet?" Regulus asked in a shaky voice. It hurt James to see Regulus hurt like that. James hugged his boyfriend tightly, feeling him sob on his white t-shirt.

"I- I honestly don't think so Regulus, I'm sorry. But I hope that I'm wrong." Regulus nodded softly against James' chest. "Star? Please don't feel guilty. It's absolutely not your fault Sirius reacted the way he did. He might be my best friend, but you, you are my boyfriend, Reggie. You mean so much more to me than Sirius does. Many people may say that Sirius is the brightest star in the sky, but you are the brightest star in my sky. I love you." James said as he pressed a soft kiss in Regulus' hair. Regulus' answer was muffled by James' chest.

~

"Look who decided to come back," Sirius said surprisingly calmly when Regulus and James entered the common room. Some people turned their heads curiously, shamelessly eavesdropping on their conversation.

"Sirius, please," Remus whispered angrily.

"Shut it Moony," Sirius said. Moony looked quite shocked from the sudden power and rage behind Sirius' voice.

"Siri, please I-" Regulus started, but he was cut off by Sirius.

"Please what, Regulus. Please understand why your best friend is gonna break your brother's heart? Please learn to live with the idea that your best friend is fucking your brother? Please just trust that you won't lose both your brother and your best friend to this stupid, doomed relationship? Please just forget that you saw your brother's correct fucking BOYFRIEND AS YOUR OWN BROTHER." Sirius raged. "Sweet Home Alabama, eh?"

Both James and Regulus were taken aback by Sirius' words. The silence wasn't comfortable but was luckily broken by the 4th Marauder entering the common room sucking of his girlfriend's face. Ziggy's hair was all dishevelled and their tie was already around Peter's neck. The two of them were completely oblivious to the Marauders' fight and made their way upstairs, giggling and moaning.

A/n
Sorry for the late update and short chapter (only 430 words) but I'm really busy right now. I've got exams coming up. That means I won't update again until they're over.

Sorry again

- Luka