chapter sixteen

(A/n sorry this took so long. I've been busy becoming a Directioner.)

Regulus A. Black POV.

Today is the day. I'm going to do it. I'm going to tell my older, overprotective brother that I, Regulus Arcturus Black, am gay. Easy enough.

Right?

Ugh. Nooo. No, it's not easy. It's not easy it's hard. It's so fucking hard it might as well be impossible.

What if he's homophobic!?

He's gay, Regulus!

Alright, alright, I've got this. It's going to be just fine. Sirius is going to be happy for me and he won't be shocked, or angry at all. Totally not. It's going to be totally, perfectly, fine. Fine.

I walk to the statue of the witch where I'll meet Sirius. My hands are sweaty. Sirius and I are going to Hogsmeade together, and I'll try telling him there.

Keyword: try.

"Hey, Reggie! Are you ready for a brother's day out?" Sirius says. He's clearly excited. I nod, and Sirius says the spell to open the statue. We go through the dark tunnel to Honeydukes together. I'm glad it's not too hot in the tunnel because I'd be sweating even more. I think back to what James said before I left.

"Relax sweet star, you're going to be fine. Sirius is going to be happy for you. I believe in you. My star."

He'd kissed me afterwards. I can still feel his sweet lips on mine, even though it's been an hour. I miss him.

The owner of Honeydukes isn't too surprised to see us, he knows about the tunnel.

"Hello, boys. How are u?" Aren't your boyfriends here?" He asks. I start panicking. This was not the way I planned this to go. I should've told him not to tell Sirius.

"My boyfrien- boyfriends? Like plural? You've got it all wrong mate, my brother here is straight and single." Sirius says.

"But I thought-" Frank starts, but then he sees the panic in my eyes, and he realises his mistake. "I'm sorry, never mind. I must've, ... Erm, mistaken you, ... For... Someone else?" It sounds more like a question, and not convincing at all. I groan. This is not at all going the way James said it. Would.

Once we're out of the shop, Sirius looks at me questioning. I give him the same look, and decide to play dumb.

"Regulus."

"Sirius." I decide to mimic him.

"Regulus Arcturus Black?" Sirius says. He clearly thinks he's being intimidating, but I grew up with Walburga Black.

"Sirius Orion Black III?" I mimic him.

Sirius sighs. "Care to explain, dearest little brother?"

I sigh back. "I'm gay?"

"No, the boyfriend part."

"And what if I don't want to explain the boyfriend part?"

"Then I'll steal the marauders' map and will only give it back to James once I've figured out who it is."

"You can't do that! That's stalking!"

"Please, Reggie. I'm worried about you. I care about you and I don't want anyone hurting you. Who are you dating?"

"He's not out yet."

"You weren't either. Besides, he was out enough that you did things that made Frank think you're dating."

"He doesn't want to tell you yet."

"I know him?"

"He knows you." Sirius rolls his eyes when I say that.

"I'm not giving up."

"I'm not either."

"Is he in your year?"

"I don't know"

"Regulus!"

"Sirius!"

"Is. He. In. Your. Year?"

"I. Don't. Know."

"Is he at Hogwarts?"

"Wouldn't know."

"What house is he in."

"Why don't you ask him?"

"Regulus, please."

"Sirius, please."

"Can you just please tell me something about him?"

"He's my boyfriend."

"What really I would have never guessed. Thank you for that brand new information." Sirius replies sarcastically.

"Sirius please, I'm not ready to tell you, and he's not ready to come out. You'll know eventually. Just not, yet."

"Then when will I know?"

"When Jame- he. He. He. Is ready."