chapter fourteen

James was really nervous. He'd decided to tell Regulus, and hope that he'd keep it for himself. He and Regulus had decided to meet in the Room Of Requirement, where no one could overhear them. James was waiting in a beautiful room. There were two yellow fauteuils and a cream loveseat in front of a fire. There was a fuzzy white rug underneath them, covering the hardwood floors. Two windows gave a beautiful view of Hogwarts, and on the accent table next to James was some food. Regulus opened the door and peeked inside to see James sitting on the loveseat. Regulus went over to James to sit next to him.

"James, I'm sorry about the date." He started. This startled James a little because he'd just asked Regulus to meet him here. He never said anything about the date. "I didn't think, and forgot about the full moon."

James was very confused by this. Had he told Regulus already? Had he been so stupid he just forgot what he told his boyfriend?

"James? 'You okay?" Regulus asked. James realised he'd been staring into blank space.

"Yes. I just, this is gonna sound really stupid, but how do you know? I didn't tell you, did I?"

"I figured it out. It's really not that hard. The four of you disappear every month, and you call Remus 'Moony'."

"H-how? You didn't tell anyone did you?"

"I didn't James, relax. So that date will be some other time, you can go and run around in the woods."

"You don't mind?"

"Why would I?"

"Thank you," James said, hugging Regulus tightly. His hair smelled like conditioner. When they pulled apart, they stared into each other's eyes for some time. James noticed a small black line just above Regulus' eyes.

"Are you wearing eyeliner?" James asked. Regulus was a little shocked by this and put his hands in front of his eyes protectively.

"N-n-n-n-n-. N-n-no." He stuttered out. He put his arms over his head and made himself as tiny as possible.

"Regulus? I won't hurt you for it. You look beautiful." James said, concerned. He couldn't help but wonder why Regulus reacted this extreme.

"You won't?" He asked, sounding genuinely surprised.

"Of course I won't. I wouldn't hurt you for anything." Janes said. Regulus leaned closer to James, and James wrapped his arms around him. Regulus' head was on James' chest, and James' hand was messing up Regulus' hair slowly, but it calmed Regulus down.

"You look really pretty with makeup, you know that?" James said, which made Regulus blush. "You should wear it more often."

"I don't usually do it. People stare."

"Because they're jealous of how hot you look."

"I'm not hot."

"Yes, you are."

"No, I'm not."

"Yes. You are."

"No. I'm not."

"Yes. You are. Would you like some tea?"

Regulus rolled his eyes but agreed anyway. The boys sat in silence together, drinking their tea.

"Do you actually think I'm hot?" Regulus asked, blushing heavily.

James smiled, Regulus was cute when he blushed. "Of course I do." He said. Regulus looked at the floor shyly. James took his boyfriends' hand in his and kissed it softly. Regulus smiled and blushed. The tea had disappeared by now. James scooted closer to Regulus on the loveseat. Regulus tried to put his head on James' shoulder, but he was too short, so he leaned against James' arm instead.

"James?" Regulus asked softly. James hummed to let him know to continue his question. "Should we, should we tell Sirius about, y'know, us?"

"If you want me to die." James joked. Regulus laughed. "No, seriously, I don't know if we should do it yet. Sirius is very protective of you. Especially since the whole Slytherin thing. Sirius wouldn't murder me, but he would put all sorts of charms on me to make sure I couldn't hug you or anything. That is if he found the charms."

"He's smarter than he seems."

A/n

This chapter took forever.
Sorry that it's a bit short...