3 - General's Instinct

Y/n's POV.

Akame told me that we were going to help Hinowa to improve her battling skills and to fulfil her goals in this never ending war. Well, i can't say no my master's orders, if she wants me to do it, then I'll do it. However, there is something that's bothering me.

When I cast my e/c and scarlet eyes towards Hinowa's light blue eyes.

While gazing on those eyes of hers, I can't help but see an afterimage of a woman who had a long light blue hair and light blue eyes, her face is blurry but i know, she's smiling at me. She wears a military uniform and looked like a general. I've also felt that she's valuable and important to me like Akame.

Who is..she?

Hinowa: Um.. Are you guys were really going to teach me how to fight?

I quickly snapped out of my thoughts as I heard their voices. *Sigh* Stay focus Y/n. I'll deal with that matter later..

Akame: Yes. You see, your swordsmanship is quick and sharp. It's beautiful and straight forward but..you can't defeat a strong opponent with that alone.

Akame forms an offensive stance and ready to attack her.

Hinowa: But what about your injuries?

Akame: Don't worry, despite of my health..you'll still lose to me.

Akame quickly dashes in and gave a swift clean hit on her forehead. Hinowa didn't even saw her coming and dodge the attack in time.

Her reflexes never gets rusty.

Hinowa: (She's fast!) I-i didn't realize that you were strong Akame!

Akame: Is that so? Well, Wait until you train with Y/n. She's more better than me.

Hinowa: E-eh? Really?!

Akame: You and I have the same combat style. We fight with one sword while Y/n, she can wield any types of weapons depending on her battle strategies. I'm not good for teaching with words alone so..Y/n will be the one who's going to train you and I'll be here to watch and assists both of you when needed. *Smile*

Hinowa: Oh..If Y/n is the strongest opponent that I have to face in order to get stronger like my mother and to achieve my dreams as well, I'm ready to face her. *Smile*

Akame turns around and gave the wooden shinai to me and gently pat my shoulder.

Akame: Please don't be too harsh on her.

Y/n: I'll try.

I walk and stand in front of Hinowa while angling the shinai down to the ground.

Y/n: Before we start, there is one thing I would like to do. Grab your sword.

Hinowa: A-are you serious? Training with a real sword? You might get hurt!

Y/n: I'll be fine. Now, pick up your sword and show me what type of hu-..person are you when you're in a real battle.

Hinowa begins to hesitate and look to Akame, Akame simply nods, allowing her to fight me with a real weapon. She shook her head many times before picking up her real weapon and get in her battle stance. I covered the shinai with my shadow which Hinowa made an aghast expression but I didn't mind it and start to intimidate her.

Y/n: Do not hesitate. Now, attack me with your best shots, Hinowa.

She takes a long deep breath before placing her sword in attack position and charge in. I set the shinai above my chest and wait until Hinowa reaches me. As she did, i felt the weak impact between the sword and shinai as they harshly colliding on each other. I easily parry her attack but she spins around and do a slide slash.