7 - Foot Soldiers

Y/n's POV.

Hinowa and the others are now heading towards their first mission and contributed their services on Soukai Nation and make names for themselves. They were all excited upon seeing the recruitment post on the market the other day.

Those children didn't know what hardships they'll face to archived their aims or rather..possible feats.

On the other hand, Akame is silently watching the trees swaying along the cold wind, thinking about Hinowa and her friends. I know she's worried but the Elder said that she needed to recover and wait for the temporary medicine that he's preparing before we could even join them.

I can feel her urge to get into the war with them.

I am totally against for her to participate in this inevitable war but, to repay their good deeds to us, we must enter and aid them as possible as we could.

I hate it..I despised it.

Its not that I don't want to repay anything. They all knew that Akame is under cursed of Murasame and its taking a heavy toll on her body and yet..they were all like relying on her to help.

If only Akame can lay an order to stop the war..I'll make it happen. One order is enough for shut them up.

Just one order..

Akame: Y/n?

I slowly emerged from her shadow, I saw my sword on her waist and all geared up. She made up her mind. She's going to follow them. Without any word, I spread my wings and she looks at the elder and thanked him for the medicine. The elder bid us a word of goodbye and also a reminder that the enemy is powerful than they would seem.

Let's see about that.

I carried Akame and flew upwards and headed to the battle field. For what I remember, Hinowa and her friends might been destined to protect the Shiranui Fortress.

The enemy, The Tenrou nation, ruling the center of Wakoku. That country boasts the strongest military strength. But even them had its own worries. As the Elder said, they didn't possess any territory suitable for advancing onto the open sea. The smallest and most powerless of all, the Soukai nation faced the ocean which the Tenrou nation set their sights on it, continually dispatching troops.

And to my surprised, Soukai Nation..is still unconquerable on this day.

Maybe..Soukai nation had a great strategists on their hands? They maybe lack of military strength but their tactics in battle made them unbeatable.

Now..I'm curious a hell.

Within a few hours, we reach the Shiranui fortress but they seemingly hurrying up. I landed onto the ground and let Akame do the questioning. One soldier said that the Shiranui fortress isn't the one who's going to be attacked but the military group led by a Commander named Maruge in Mount Kageboushi.

Akame and I didn't waste time and flew quickly towards mount Kageboushi. But before I could even land, we saw that the battle was already in motion. We saw Suzumaru and Hinowa starts to defend the military base.

We landed onto the forest and Akame unsheathed my sword.

Y/n: What's your command?

Akame: Kill all the enemies without getting spotted.

Y/n: ..alright then.

I didn't waste anytime and started the bloody massacre hidden beneath the forest. That boy, he's watching the soldiers that he killed and let his guard down which is a big mistake. Good thing I was there and simply slash the enemy that's going to kill him.

Suzumaru jolted and quickly turn around with fear on his face. I knew that he was terrified.

Y/n: Pull yourself together. If you get distracted, you'll die.

Suzumaru: Y-Yes Y/n.

Hinowa: Y/n!! Wait? You're here so..Akame's here as well!

Y/n: We are clearing the location and keeping the enemies at the bay.

Hinowa: I see. Thanks Y/n! Come on Suzumaru! We have to hurry to Lord Maruge's unit!

Suzumaru: O-okay!

Hinowa keeps slashing and killing the soldiers like she's used to the battlefield. I'm impressed that she adapted so quickly, like a true soldier indeed.

I flew upwards and dives where the enemies are gathering up. I made a massive impact to the ground and some of the enemies flew in random directions.

Based on what I learned, this people aren't soldiers..they just attack and without any proper discipline. I heard Suzumaru called them "Suicide Corps".

Interesting..

Enemy 1: What the? Why there's a monster here?!

Enemy 2: Take her down now!

Y/n: ...

One soldier reluctantly attacked me, I simply took a quickly step forwards and plunge my knuckle, passing through his chest, making a bloody hole on his body.

I took my arm out of his body and uses his shadow to mold a shadow spear and stabbed the other soldier's head with it.

Enemy 3: W-Who is this monster!? Why's Soukai nation let this one live with them!

Y/n: Stop asking questions and better start chanting your prayers.

All of the sudden, all four enemies lunges up against me, I looked down and see their shadows approaching towards me. These "suicide corps" do really got their name very well. I snapped my fingers and they've all stopped moving. Before they could even asked another damn question. I formed their shadows into spikes and impaled them mercilessly.

More of them are gathering to the military unit to kill the commander and his lesser troop of abomination. I feel that Akame is near and killing more of troops than Hinowa and the rest did.

Since the enemy forces are like branches that can easily break, I let the others dealt with that shit. I'm more focused on rather..someone who's been watching the battle at far distance.

That's one strong presence. It made my hopes rose up.

A worthy opponent? I kept flying so I have to hide beneath the shadows and look for that opponent by myself. Well? I thought It was going to take a while but..she somehow showed herself to Hinowa.

Plus one for her bravery and minus one for her stupidity. Wait? What I am saying?

Tobari and Hinowa looks at the enemy who's having a dangerous aura and more powerful than these two. I know Akame felt her presence and now on hunt. But I got the prey first.