6 - Myths and Lies

Y/n's POV.

As the elder stares within his own bewilderment showing on his old damn face. I can't helped but to become rude. I don't want to be starred for too long and I don't want to get critized due to my "inhuman" appearance. Akame calms my rude attitude towards this "Elder" that they've spoken off.

He seem harmless at first but those eyes..he can't deceived me.

They asked me to apologize but I didn't and still not dropping any word. Later on, they just give up and let me slide, well? As if I am giving a damn on them.

Elder: I'm surprised, that you two crossed the great sea from the far reaches of the west to get her, Akame.

Akame: We have a large ship that took us that far but we encountered a bad storm and a giant danger beast, leading Y/n to this island and met Hinowa and the others.

Tobari: Yeah, I still remember how you're Lover here is like a snapping turtle even tho you two are both wounded on that time.

I slightly looked at that midget. She stops talking and looks at me, nervously.

Kumehachi: I can't believe that you and Y/n survived that. When that part of the ocean is what keeps the far reaches of the west such a mystery.

Akame: Y/n fought for dear life to save me and that's when we we're saved by you all.

Suzumaru: You and Y/n even speak our language.

Y/n: There is a book that contains a lot of information of the world, including this country. So we both studied beforehand.

Elder: I see. Pardon me but I'll cut the chase, What reason did you two have for coming to this country that you would go so far? Diplomatic relations?

He's now getting information boldly. I am not trusting a man who surrounded by a menacing aura hidden among everyone's eyes. I looked at Akame, she seems nonchalant about the elder. I hope she felt this man's presence.

I was about to asked him back but Akame cutted me off and answers the old man's question.

Akame: It was a personal reason.

I've listened silently as Akame explains that we headed onto this island to find a cure for the both of us because we are both cursed when we defeated a strong enemy in a war that we were both involved back to the country that we left.

Why I can't remember anything?..

Why I didn't defeated the enemy myself so Akame won't get cursed and suffer with me?

I gently bowed my head a bit, my head's aching because of too many why's popping up inside of my thoughts. Then all of the sudden, i saw the sky was now dark and there's a little girl crying outside the tent.

Is that ..me?

I saw my younger self went inside of the tent and tucked in on another young girl's arm. Her face is blurred yet I saw that she had a long light blue hair and dark blue eyes.

Wait? Who is she?

???: Having nightmares again Y/n?

Nightmares?..I have dozens of them.

???: It's okay now, you're safe here with me. Stop crying.

Me? I am not crying.

I felt my left eye let a small cold tear runs down through my face. No. I am not crying.