Band-Aids Can't Fix Bullet Holes

A week had passed. Sadie was convinced that it would be a year just like any other. That is, she was convinced until she had tea with her mother.

"So, did you hear?" Minerva asked as they sat down on the couch in the sitting room.

"No, I can't say I have. And if it's anything to do with Harry, I can't say I want to," Sadie said dryly. Minerva pursed her lips.

"Well, I suppose you won't like this news then. He's invaded another sanctuary."

Sadie frowned. "But the only thing he hasn't invaded yet is... oh no. You wouldn't."

Minerva grimaced. "I'm sorry. He pulled a fifty foot dive in less than a minute. It was an opportunity Wood and I couldn't pass up."

Sadie placed her tea on the coffee table so that she didn't end up spilling it. "Why? You know how much Quidditch means to me! Why would you do this to me?"

"Sadie, please. I-"

Sadie stood, angrier than she looked, angrier than she should have been. She kept a mainly neutral face, but her emotions inside were raging. How dare he invade the last part of her life? How could Minerva do this to her? All she felt inside was heartbreak, utter betrayal, and guilt. Especially guilt when she looked at the pain on Minerva's face. It was obvious the woman didn't want to hurt, but she couldn't seem to stop herself.

"I'll see you for the last class of the day, Professor McGonagall," she said coldly. Minerva's heart was physically breaking at her daughter's words.

"Sadie-"

Sadie turned around and walked out. She wanted so much to turn around and apologize, but her body seemed to move on its own, her pride getting the best of her. She heard Minerva burst into tears behind her, but she still didn't.

'Stupid body! Turn back! You've hurt her,' she thought. Nothing. She kept walking, going up to the Gryffindor common room. When she stepped in, Harry was sitting there with Ron. Sadie immediately turned around.

"Wait! Sadie!" Harry called. She ignored him, watching as the portrait closed right in his face. She quickly sped up, heading into an abandoned classroom. Once the door was shut, she collapsed to the floor. Hands in her face, she sobbed. She was so angry. At Minerva. At Harry. And at herself for making everything worse. Why did Harry have to be so perfect? Why did he have to be good at everything? Why had she just left Minerva there? Why hadn't she gone back?

After a few minutes, she wiped her eyes and looked around. Where was she? Then she saw a big mirror. She stood up and looked into it. In it, the image showed Sadie in a beautiful wedding dress. Next to her was an older version of Cedric. On her other side was Minerva, and next to her was Severus. On Cedric's other side were Amos and Annalise Diggory, Cedric's parents. Sadie was holding a bouquet of lilies. On both her and Cedric's fingers were gold rings. Sadie's hand little rubies embedded all around the ring, making a sort of spiral pattern. It was exactly the ring she had always dreamed of getting married in. Minerva was beautiful as usual, and Severus looked handsome. Minerva's hair was down, and she looked quite carefree, an attitude Sadie had desperately wished many times that her mother would have. And Severus, well, he could no longer be called "Greasy Git". His hair was freshly washed without a trace of grease in it.

"I'm so sorry," she told her. The illusion smiled, stroking mirror Sadie's hair. "How do I tell the real you that I'm sorry?" Mirror Minerva didn't say anything. She just smiled encouragingly. She realized that the mirror showed her deepest desires. She had read about this kind of mirrors, and the writing on the top confirmed it. It was a sort of backwards message.