The Heirs of Hogwarts

Christmas was approaching quickly. Before they knew it, Christmas Day was upon them. Sadie was just waking up when she heard Ron squealing from the boys' first year dormitory two floors below her. She yawned and trudged out of the dormitory, a light robe over her red and gold striped nightie. Nadine was still asleep, so Sadie just let her be. Before she could go anywhere, she was bombarded by Fred and George, who were squealing just like Ron downstairs.

"Ugh, boys, why aren't you downstairs already? And it's too early to be acting like girls. We just woke up!" Sadie complained.

"Oh, no. We've-"

"Been up since like-"

"Five o'clock this-"

"Morning," the twins exclaimed.

Sadie groaned. "You know this means you'll be half asleep at the dinner table, falling face first into your mashed potatoes."

The twins shrugged in unison, grabbing her hands. They dragged her down to the common room where a large stack of presents was waiting with her name on it. Ron and Harry were already there, Harry looking like he was still half asleep, and Ron just as giddy as the twins, who had gone up to wait for Nadine. Sadie slowly unwrapped her presents to reveal:

The typical hand knit red sweater with a gold 'S' on the front from Molly, a box of chocolate frogs from Ron, no surprise there, a sneak o' scope from Bill, might come in handy with the twins around, an advanced Potions handbook from Harry, a nice cloak from Severus, and a necklace with a tabby cat on it from Minerva. Minerva had one as well, and the eyes would light up if one of them was ever in grave danger. Luckily for Sadie, it was very hard to see the eyes light up, so she wasn't ever in danger of being caught by Minerva.

Harry had similar presents, but he also had a package. Inside it was a silvery cloak that shimmered every time he moved it. It had a note inside. 'Your father left this in my possession before he died. It's time it was returned to you. Use it well.'

Sadie read it over his shoulder. "Hmm, what is it anyway?"

She knew what it was. She knew it wasn't just a cloak, but she wasn't about to let them know she knew.

"Yeah. Looks like some sort of cloak," Harry said.

"Well? Put it on then, mate. Let's see it," Ron insisted. Harry stood up and draped it over her shoulders. Ron and Sadie, admittedly, faking, in her case, gasped.

"Woah, mate!" Ron exclaimed.

"My body's gone!" Harry cried.

"Thanks, Captain Obvious. Meanwhile, I know what that is! That's an invisibility cloak, that is!" Sadie told them. Ron nodded in confirmation.

Harry looked down at his body. "I'm invisible?"

"They're supposed to be really rare," Ron said.

"I wonder who sent it to you," Sadie pondered, picking up the note. That was also a lie. She knew Albus's handwriting when she saw it.

"There was no name," Harry added, taking the cloak off. "It just said 'Use it well.'

At that moment, the twins came down with Nadine. The present opening began again. Later, the twins playfully lectured Percy on the importance of family versus the importance of prefects. Then, they marched him out of the common room, sweater put on wrong and pinning his arms down, his glasses askew, causing the four remaining to burst into laughter.

Christmas dinner was interesting. Much to the two first year boys', Cedric's, who was sitting with them at the Gryffindor table, and the Fantastic Four's amusement, the professors seemed to be letting loose due to a few drinks. Albus had switched out his usual pointed hat for a flowered bonnet and was chuckling heartily at a joke Filius had just told him, but then again...he was Albus, so... Severus wasn't very into the festivities, or drinking. He just sat there, brooding and watching his daughter and her friends. They watched as Hagrid kept drinking, getting redder and redder in the face, until, finally, he kissed Minerva on the cheek. To everyone's surprise, Minerva, appearing a bit tipsy herself, giggled and blushed, her hat slightly lopsided.