Spaghetti with a Side of Forgiveness

Back in Severus's quarters, Sadie was still laying on the couch. Severus was getting ready for dinner. Sadie stared at the fire, still feeling sad but less broken inside. A thousand thoughts ran through her head. She sat up reluctantly and stood.

"Dad?" she called quietly. Severus poked his head in from his bedroom.

"Yes, child? Did you need something?" He slowly strode over to her. She took a few shaky steps towards him before collapsing from exhaustion. Severus caught her before she hit the floor.

"Sorry," she mumbled. He shook his head and picked her up bridal style.

"Come now. Time for dinner. Then, if you are still feeling bad, I'll take you to see Poppy," he promised. He carried her out of the dungeons. She wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Is Mum going to be at dinner?" Sadie asked, resting her head in the crook of Severus's neck.

"I'm not really sure. If Poppy lets her come, I suppose. If not, I will help you with whatever you need," Severus replied. Sadie sighed, half with hope that Minerva would be there and half with relief that Severus would be there for her should Minerva prove unable to attend.

Once they got to the corridor outside the Great Hall, Sadie had started taking very slow and shaky steps, leaning on Severus for support. When they entered through the back door, as usual, it was immediately noted by Harry, who was sitting in a chair next to Sadie's, in between Minerva's seat and his own, that Sadie was limping.

Minerva wasn't there yet, so he didn't have to worry about her, but from the look in Severus's eyes pointed directly towards The Boy Who Lived, Harry figured he might have been safer back at the Dursleys'. The students were not there yet, so no one had to worry about whispers creating gossip as to who the new black-haired boy with broken glasses was. Sadie purposely avoided Harry's eyes, continuing to focus on walking. Severus stopped next to Albus and glared at Harry.

"Albus, Potter is to be moved to your other side. If he is not, I cannot be held responsible for my own actions, nor can Minerva," Severus threatened quietly, just loud enough that only the headmaster, Sadie, and Harry himself could hear it.

Sadie looked up at the greasy-haired potions master in horror. "Dad, no! Please don't hurt him!" she cried. He ignored her, but didn't miss the terrified look on Harry's face.

Albus reluctantly waved his hand, and Harry appeared on the other side of him. Severus nodded with a cold gratitude. He slowly helped his daughter to her seat before sitting down himself.

A few moments later, Minerva came in, refusing to be assisted by Poppy. It was lucky for them that the students were not back because their arguing could be heard while they were still a corridor away.

"I'm fine, Poppy! For Merlin's sake! We aren't children anymore! I'm a grown woman and a professor here! I can take care of myself!" Minerva's voice rang through the school.

"Minerva, you are in no state to be walking on your own! You just got strangled half to death! Professor or not, I am mediwitch of Hogwarts and it is my duty to make sure you're alright! Not only that, but I'm your best friend other than Pomona! I know fully well you can take care of yourself, but at this current moment, I am going to help you!" Poppy argued back. Severus and Sadie exchanged an amused glance as the door to the Great Hall flung open and the two women walked in shouting at one another and using a lot of hand motions.

"I don't think it's necessary for either of you to keep arguing as you have quite obviously made it to your destination!" Albus called.

The other professors had to hold in laughter as both Poppy and Minerva whipped around to see the audience. Sadie, unlike the professors, had no such qualms and was laughing hysterically. Harry, still afraid of Minerva, was glad that the tense atmosphere and hard glares he had gotten from the other professors were now gone to be replaced by suppressed smiles and laughter.