Diagon Alley Part 2

The pair paid for the wand and strode out. They found Severus and Harry, unsurprisingly, at Florean Fortescue's. Severus was reading while Harry enjoyed a jolly conversation behind the counter with Florean himself in between spoons of butterbeer float with whipped cream and sprinkles. Sadie skipped over. Severus looked up and smiled.

"How'd it go?"

Sadie pulled out her wand. "Amazingly. My first wand was alright. It seemed a little off, though. Come to think of it, Dad, it looked like yours. My second one felt cold and wrong. It gave off this wrong feeling, like the magic inside was dead."

Minerva placed a hand on Sadie's shoulder. "That's because it looked like Lily's wand. It looked almost exactly like Lily's wand."

Sadie shivered. That made sense now. "My third wand is the one I'm holding. It gave off this warm energy and felt so right, the exact opposite of the wand similar to Lily Potter's."

Severus took the wand and examined it. "Sadie, this looks like Minerva's wand."

Sadie whipped around and looked at Minerva's wand. "It does," she said quietly. Then she smiled up at Minerva, who had tears in her eyes. "I told you that you were more than just my legal mother." She wrapped her arms around Minerva's waist.

Severus was sobbing internally. His daughter's aura had chosen his adoptive mother over him. He supposed it was only fair. After all, the first time he had ever properly met her, he had seriously injured her. Besides, Minerva had been there for Sadie through her whole life. Severus had been there for about a week, not that it was his choice. Harry finished his Butterbeer float and came over to Sadie and Minerva.

"So? What's your wand? Can you do a ton of spells?" he asked enthusiastically.

Sadie looked at Minerva for permission, who nodded. She pointed her wand at an empty mug. "Scrougify," she called. A yellow light erupted from the tip of her wand. She looked around to find that not only was the mug clean, but everything else in the ice cream parlour was clean as well. Florean looked around in amazement.

"That's one strong Scrougify, Miss McGonagall," he commented. She smiled and shook her head.

"It's 'Evans' actually, sir. Minerva McGonagall is my mother, but I am Sadie Eileen Evans, daughter to Severus Snape. My biological mother is-"

"Lily Potter, née Evans. I know. That's what young Harry Potter was just telling me. You're his half-sister. His very powerful half-sister, by the looks of it," he added, making Sadie blush.

Severus smirked, putting his book down. "Powerful enough to make grown men cower at the mention of her name. Powerful enough to knee Lucius Malfoy in the groin and send him home doubled over and groaning."

"Powerful enough to have gained the love and respect of every single member of the Hogwarts staff. Powerful enough that all of the Weasley boys are afraid of her, even the twins who are total tricksters," Harry chimed in.

Minerva knelt down on her knees in front of Sadie, brushing a lock of hair behind her ear. "And yet, not nearly as confident in herself as she should be." Sadie blushed and hugged her mother. "Now, let's go to Flourish and Blots and buy your books."

The four of them quickly made their way out of Florean's after saying a short goodbye to the man. Once again, Sadie held tight to Minerva's hand while Harry rode on Severus's shoulders. Down the streets of Diagon Alley they went, people pointing at Harry and gasping all the way. In favor of having a good time, the quartet decided to ignore them.

Once they entered the store, Sadie let go of Minerva's hands and rushed to the thousands of books everywhere. Minerva smiled, thinking of how that was just like what she, herself used to do. She also thought about how Lily had reacted the same way when Minerva had brought her into the store. Sadie picked out book after book, most of them coincidentally being the needed school textbooks. Harry didn't really seem interested in the books, so he just stayed on Severus's shoulders and looked at the books flying from shelf to shelf. After a while, Sadie brought her large stack of books over.

"I'm pretty sure this is all of it and more," she announced. Minerva let out a laugh.

"Sadie, I think you're only supposed to buy one textbook per class, not half the store."

"But Mum, knowledge is power," Sadie protested. Minerva eyed the covers of the books.

"Kitten, you've read and memorized half of these already."

Sadie sighed. "I know, I know. But I've already read the transfigurations textbook a thousand times as well. I've memorized it all and can even tell you the page numbers of the passages. Same with literally all of the textbooks all the way through seventh year."

"Textbooks are required," Minerva said, still smiling.

"Oh, alright," Sadie replied reluctantly, taking half the books and putting them back on the shelves.

Once their books had been purchased, they went back to the Leaky Cauldron, having all of the other supplies needed back at the cottage. Minerva had purchased them years in advance, knowing that Sadie would be going to Hogwarts without question. Harry and Severus flooed back to Hogwarts with all of Sadie's school supplies.

Sadie and Minerva decided they would pay a visit to Mykew Gregorovitch. The moment they stepped into his store, he sensed them and came out of the back room. "Ahh, there she is. My little Sadie." Sadie's wand was casually resting in her hand by her side.

"Hey, Uncle Mykew." She went to hug him. Midway, he realized there was a wand in her hand.

"What's this? An Ollivander's wand? Why, Sadie, I'm disappointed in you," he chided playfully. She smirked.

"Well, he does do quality work," she shot back. "Besides, all of my parents have gone to Ollivander's." She shot a glance at Minerva. "Adopted and step-parents do count, you know." He pulled back and examined the wand that Sadie kept in her hand.

"Hmm, good pattern. Nice use of wood there. Two cores. That's very unlike Ollivander, if I say so myself."

Sadie thought for a moment. "Well, he said it was one of his father's old works. Apparently, its incredibly powerful."

"Yes, dragon heartstring and unicorn hair are very powerful on their own, but together, together you can do amazing things. I dare say you could be stronger than the elder wand with this. There are only two known wands in the world that have a double core. One is the one in your hand, and one was the wand of Merlin the Great, snapped when he died. The elder wand may be powerful, but this exceeds all. The two most powerful wand cores together? You could be unstoppable."

Minerva smiled. "Well, she just cleaned the entire ice cream parlour down the road with a single Scrougify."

Mykew smiled down at Sadie. "You could take over the world with that wand."

Minerva grimaced. "And that's enough filling my daughter's head with your evil plans, Mykew. Come along now, Sadie."

Sadie gave Mykew one last hug and skipped back to her mother. "Bye, Uncle Mykew."

Minerva aparated without warning. They appeared at the gates of Hogwarts. Sadie promptly threw up. Minerva waved her wand, and the vomit disappeared.

"Oh, I completely forgot. I should have warned you. I'm sorry."

Sadie leaned against the gates to steady herself. "No, I'm fine. Just a little dizzy. I really hate aparation."