Get Back to Hogwarts

On the morning of September 1st, Sadie was ecstatic. She woke up at about six in the morning and got dressed. She rushed to the kitchen, fixing herself a bowl of porridge before rushing into her mother's room.

"Mum! It's the first day of school! It's the first day of school!"

Minerva groaned, rubbing her eyes. "Sadie! It's only six o' clock! Go back to sleep!" She pulled the covers up over her head. Sadie pouted.

She left the room, grabbing her wand off the kitchen table before going outside. She practiced a few spells while outside. "Wingardium Leviosa!" A stick rose off the ground and floated onto a tree stump. "Reducto!" The stick blew up. She did things like for about two hours before returning inside. Minerva was sitting at the kitchen table sipping on a cup of coffee while reading the daily prophet. She looked up when she heard the door shut. She suppressed a smile.

Sadie's hair was windswept and fell around her face. She was smiling madly and gripping her wand. Her gray cardigan and black skirt were dirty, which Sadie quickly fixed with a quick Scrougify.

"I thought I told you to go back to sleep. You'll be exhausted later," Minerva pointed out.

Sadie smiled. "Well, at least I know the way to the Gryffindor dormitories."

"So you're certain the Sorting Hat will put you in Gryffindor?" Minerva asked.

Sadie frowned. "No, but if it doesn't, I'll pummel it." Her face grew a malicious smile. "Or maybe I can make him endure hours of my amazing flute playing."

Minerva winced. "I don't think you need to do that, Sadie. It doesn't need to know what a dying instrument sounds like. Trust me."

Sadie laughed. "Only if it doesn't put me in Gryffindor," she promised.

The pair went up to the castle, talking about Gryffindor and Quidditch.

"We'll see how good you are before the other students get here. Maybe I can bend the rules a bit depending on how good you and your friends are. Since Charlie Weasley is Quidditch Captain, I'm sure he'd love to have you on his team," Minerva pointed out.

Sadie lit up. "I completely forgot Charlie is the Captain." Charlie was one of her two favorite Weasley brothers, Bill being the other. She didn't tell her mother, but Charlie had encouraged her to get Minerva to let her try out, claiming that she was the best chaser in a millennia.

"Well, before we ask Charlie, we have to see how good you are."

When they got to the castle, Minerva lead Sadie to the Quidditch changing rooms. She passed the girl a Cleansweep 6, what she had ridden at the Weasleys' house. When they got out on the pitch, Minerva let the Bludgers and some training dummies loose, creating a dome so that they couldn't leave the pitch or go too high into the sky. She threw the Quaffle into the air.

Sadie caught it, dodging the dummies like a professional. She was one chaser against three. Luckily, Charlie had taught her some moves. She lead one chaser in a downwards streak, getting so close to the ground at such a high speed that Minerva screamed. She pulled up at the last minute, making the dummy smash into the ground. The keeper was set to medium, so it was a little over Ron's level. She used a feint, pretending to throw it to the left, but then throwing it to the right. She caught it as it came through the hoop. She dodged the Bludgers that the Beaters hit at her.

She thought about how easy it was as they were no where near as good as Fred or George. She never even gave the other two chasers a chance to get the Quaffle. Sometimes, Bill would manage, quite a rare occasion, but the dummies couldn't keep up with her.