The Reveal of the Past

Turns out, Harry was already up and trying to tame his hair.

It didn't work.

Nadine gasped when she saw his face.

"Is that-"

Sadie nodded. "That's my brother. Harry Potter. I know, I know. It's a shock when you first learn about him. I didn't believe it either at first, but it's him." Harry turned around and dashed over to Sadie with Leo.

"I'm ready, Sadie," he announced. Then he saw Nadine. "Who's that?"

Nadine shook herself out of her shock and stuck out her hand. "Nadine Malfoy. Nice to meet you, Harry Potter."

Harry looked back to Sadie before shaking Nadine's hand. "How do you know me? Did Sadie or Professor Snape tell you about me?" he asked. Nadine raised an eyebrow.

"He doesn't know? You haven't told him?"

Sadie shook her head. "He grew up as a muggle with our abusive aunt and uncle. We just brought him here yesterday." She turned to Harry. "And I'm sure Dad wouldn't mind if you called him Uncle Sev instead of Professor Snape."

Harry looked back and forth between the two of them, seemingly ignoring Sadie's previous comment. "What haven't you told me? What don't I know, Sadie? Why does she know me?"

Sadie sighed. "This is going to be hard to believe, but you're famous, Harry."

Harry frowned. "No, I'm not. No one ever met me in the muggle world. I never went outside the neighborhood."

Sadie smiled. "You aren't famous for anything you'd remember." Then her smile disappeared. "Alright, this is a very important thing so understand this, Harry. Not all wizards are good. A good while ago, one of them went as bad as you can go."

Harry's eyes were wide. "Who was it?"

Sadie and Nadine exchanged a look. "His name was V-" She sighed. "His name was Voldemort," she whispered. "We call him He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named or You-Know-Who. You-Know-Who started to gather some followers and got really strong. He brought people over to the dark side. Those who stood up to him ended up dead."

Harry frowned. "My parents."

Sadie nodded. "Your parents fought against him. One night, You-Know-Who broke into your house. You know that scar on your forehead?" Harry's hand flew up to his unique lightning bolt scar. "That kind of scar only comes from being touched by a really dark curse. Your parents died protecting you. He tried to kill you, too, but something about you stumped him that night. According to Mum, he was destroyed. No one he ever tried to kill survived. Everyone else died. That's why you're famous, Harry. You're the Boy Who Lived."

Harry gasped. "Vol-" Nadine hissed. "Sorry. You-Know-Who tried to kill me?"

Sadie nodded. "Yes. Mum thinks that if she hadn't adopted me before that night, I would've been dead too."

Harry crossed his arms. "But Aunt Petunia told me my parents died in a car crash."

"No, Harry. They died protecting you. As will I if I have to," Sadie announced.

Harry uncrossed his arms and hugged his sister. "Thank you, Sadie. I love you."

"I love you too, Harry."