Dragons and Dead Things

(A/N): Hey, Guys. So...I know what you're thinking. Another authors' note?! They suck! But PAY ATTENTION TO THIS ONE!!! I know that in the 'Horrors Behind the Door' Chapter...that one sucked. So, I rewrote it...but better. And yet...not really. Just read it. And the chapter that Harry yells at Minerva in, 'The Boy Who Lived And Vanished', I rewrote some things there as well to make more sense.

A few days later, Sadie found herself in Minerva's quarters with a cup of tea. Minerva was absolutely freaking out. Apparently, the Golden Trio tried to go down the trap door. Minerva had stopped them, but she was still quite distraught. Now, she was pacing back in forth in front of Sadie, who was sitting on the sofa.

"Mum, please sit down. You stopped them before they got hurt, and that's what's important," Sadie reassured her.

"This time. What if I hadn't been patrolling that corridor at that time? If anything had happened..."

"But it didn't. Now, I implore you, sit with me and drink your tea. You'll wear a hole in the floor with your pacing," Sadie insisted.

Minerva huffed and sat down next to Sadie. Sadie rested her head on Minerva's shoulder. 

"Everything is fine. Please stop worrying before I make Aunt Poppy give you a Calming Draught!"

Minerva sighed. "Alright. I guess you're right. Nothing happened. This time."

Sadie stuffed her hands in her pocket. Her hand hit something soft. "Oh! The shawl!" she exclaimed. She quickly pulled it out and draped it over Minerva's shoulders.

Minerva looked up in surprise. "Did you get that from the cottage?"

Sadie smiled. "Yeah, during the last Hogsmeade weekend. I figured you'd need it sooner or later. I remembered that you used to wear it whenever you were stressed or worried."

Minerva smiled and hugged Sadie close. "Thank you."

At breakfast the next day, Harry came running up to Sadie. "Sadie, we need to talk. Now." Sadie scooted over so that there was room for Harry on the bench.

"What is it?"

"No, like you have to come with us right now," Harry pleaded. Ron was behind him with a distraught Hermione. Sadie made eye contact with Minerva, reassuring her that she wouldn't let them go down the trap door. Then, she got up and followed the Golden Trio to.... Hagrid's hut.

"Hagrid...he's..well, why don't we just show you?" Harry pushed the door open. There, on the table, sat a Norwegian Dragon egg. Hagrid was at the table, tending to it.

"Hagrid...is that a-"

Hagrid beamed and nodded. "It is. A dragon egg."

Sadie's eyes went wide. "Why is it on the table?! Get it on the fire now!"

Hagrid laughed. "It's about to hatch. I just took it off the fire."

"It's a Norwegian Ridgeback!" Sadie exclaimed. "They're very rare!"

Ron looked rather surprised. "How can you tell?"

Sadie pointed to the ridges around the bottom. "After growing up as a professor's daughter with access to the entire Hogwarts Library since I was five, I should think I would know a bit about creatures. That and I grew up with Charlie, Ron. Seeing as you did, too, I'm frankly quite surprised that you didn't notice."

Ron blushed. "I didn't really pay attention when he was talking about them. I wasn't really interested."

Sadie smiled. "Well, I don't blame you. Most of his lectures were really interesting, but some of them could be..."