The Love of a Mother

After about a quarter of an hour, the women had regained enough composure to be able to speak without laughing. They were still smiling a good deal, but they did not burst into fits of giggles every time they so much as opened their mouths. Sadie smirked. It was nice to see this side of her mother and aunts. Usually, Minerva and Poppy were so uptight. Pomona was better at being cheerful, but she could be a bit scary at times. The other two were just plain out terrifying if you got in trouble or did or said something wrong.

Minerva stood up and quickly tied her hair up in a bun, looser than her previous bun, but tighter than what might be considered normal. Sadie raised an eyebrow. Minerva raised one right back. "Reputations," she reminded gently.

"But no one is even here right now! You should go back to being like you were a few minutes ago. I'll go back to sleep!" Sadie quickly lied down pulled the covers up, closing her eyes. She opened one for a second to see her mother shaking her head amusedly.

"Mona, Poppy, get off the floor. What if Albus were to walk in right this second?" Minerva asked sternly.

"What if Albus had been here the entire time under a dillusionment charm?" Albus asked, waving his wand to make himself visible. Poppy and Pomona shot off the floor like bullets. Bright red bullets, for that matter. Minerva glared at him.

"What on earth would you do that for?" She was almost shouting.

Albus held his hand up for silence. Minerva took a deep breath, the tips of her ears turning pink from embarrassment that her former teacher had seen her with her hair down. "Calm, Minerva. On the contrary, I was following Severus to see how he would react. Naturally, when young Sadie fainted, one would follow to make sure she's alright, I'm sure." Sadie gasped.

"You were the one that sneezed after I woke up. You were in my room!" She was almost mad, but not really. It was Alby, after all, and he was gay, so it wasn't like he was being a pervert at all.

"Yes. You are a very smart young lady, Sadie." He turned to Minerva. "It would seem as though you've met your match in wit," he observed. Sadie and Minerva laughed.

"Well, I was raised by her, after all," Sadie pointed out. "It's only fair that I should know what she does. As for loopholes, I spend a lot of time around Aunt Ro, Aunt Poppy and Aunt Mona. They can figure out loopholes like nobody's business." Minerva shot a look at her two best friends who grinned sheepishly back at her. Albus chuckled.

"Combination of the four. You must be a very strong-willed girl." Sadie shook her head. Actually, she was constantly terrified and not self-confident or strong-willed in the slightest. She hated disappointing her mother and her aunts and would end up crying every time she did.

At that moment, Severus strode back into the Hospital Wing, having finally gathered enough courage. All three women shot him death glares and went to stand protectively in front of Sadie, who was cowering behind Minerva. He was so busy glaring at them that he didn't even notice Albus.

"I'd like to speak with Sadie alone, thank you very much," Severus drawled.

Minerva spoke for all three when she said "You won't be speaking alone with Sadie anytime soon." Poppy and Pomona nodded, holding their wands out in front of them.

"She's my daughter, and I have a right to speak with her."

Everyone was surprised to hear Sadie speak. "Oh yeah? Well, I have the right to say no." She wasn't afraid anymore and stood on the bed, readying her fists. Her hair rose ever so slightly, but this time, she didn't even bother keeping it down.

Albus's eyes twinkled as he took in the scene before him. Three women were standing in front of a little girl who was threatening a Potions Master who also happened to be her father, not that any of the women cared.