16 - Stupidity

Iris's POV

I woke up on the floor in a dark room, feeling sticky and sore and not in a good way.

It took me a moment to realize that I was still in Vlad's office and from the looks of the sky, it's well into midnight.

A groan from in front of me broke me out of my thoughts as I snapped my head towards the sound to see Vlad getting off the floor, releasing light groans to show his discomfort.

"Are you okay Vladdy? " I called out to him cause I barely had enough strength to stand up, much less walk towards him.

"Yeah, I think so. " He groaned out as he tried to stand up only to crumble back onto the floor. "You know what? I think I'm just going to lay here for a while, the floor feels nice. " He said.

I let out a little giggle at his stupidity but agreed with him wholly, the floor sure felt better than standing up and walking around.

We laid there for a while, probably thirty minutes, before our bodies felt okay enough to get up and move about.

We got off the floor with some struggle and had to use each other as crutches to walk out of the office.

The whole pack house was silent which was shocking because even if it was night time there was always movement in the pack house.

We slowly made our way down the steps and to the living room where we saw some pack members passed out on the floor.

We knew they weren't dead cause we could hear the faint beats of their hearts.

We walked out of the house to see the bodies of our pack members splayed all over the ground with them unconscious without any signs of waking up anytime soon.

“What did this? ” I whispered as I felt fear creep up my spine at the sight before me.

Whatever or whomever was powerful enough to do this to an entire pack of werewolves and us lycans as well isn't to be taken lightly.

“I don't know, but if they hurt anyone of our pack, their dead and I'll make certain of that. ” Vlad, ever the hotheaded idiot said causing me to roll my eyes.

“And how exactly do you plan to do that, hmm? ” I asked him rhetorically as I turned to face him.

“Yes Vladovin, do tell how exactly you plan to kill us. ” A voice called out to us, drawing our attention to the man who spoke and the other four people behind him.

“Holy shit, you're....” I started to say only to be rudely interrupted by foolish Vlad.

“Dead. ” He growled out as he bared his fangs and ran at the man who spoke whom I quickly realized was the head of the werewolf council, former alpha Raiden Demetrius of the Valée de la Lune pack in France. (Moon valley)

Vlad barely even raised his arm to deal a blow to the ex alpha when it was suddenly paralyzed by a hit to one of his pressure points in his arm.

Instead of the hard headed male to retreat, he rose his other to strike again but the same thing happened.

It looked like he was going to keep going at it so I walked over to them and pulled him away from the man by his ear while he let out several ‘ow's ’ until I finally let him go.

“What'd you do that for? ” He whined like the child that he is.

“Do you know whom you just tried to attack? ” I asked him seriously.

“Yeah, the guy that hurt our pack. ” He said.

“Okay, let's review what you just said and see if I can knock some sense into you. ” I told him. “You just said that the man you just tried to attack, and failed at it might I add, was the same one who rendered an entire pack of werewolves and lycans unconscious and you think that the smart thing to do is to attack him? ” I really wanted to hear his answer cause that would let me know if he really was just a pretty face.

“No? ” He answered like it was a question.

Is he shitting me right now?

“You know what? I don't have time to battle your stupidity right now so I'll just come out and tell you. That man there and the people behind him are the werewolf council and you just attacked the leader of the council and former alpha of the Valée de la Lune pack. ”

I could see the shock and horror consume him as he just realized that he attacked one of the people who made us lycans.

“Ehem. ” We heard a throat cleared behind us and we returned our attention to the people in front of us.

“If you both are done with your lovers quarrel, we would like to get to the reason as to why we're here. ” Former Luna Moran Hay said from her position beside the council leader.

She was the Luna of the Wiedengipfel pack in Germany where she ran the pack with the help of her mate and beta Adolf Hay.

“We apologize for being rude. ” I quickly said so that Vlad couldn't say anything stupid.

“Now, if we remember correctly, there are two other lycans in this pack yes? ” Former alpha Idris Dimitri of the Letniye Kholmy pack in Russia said drawing our attention to him. (Summer Hills)

“Yes, my older brother and sister. ” I answered once again.

“Well we must get them and be on our way before the rest of your pack wake up. ” Former luna Reina Gonzales of the Valle del Río pack said. (River Valley)

“What? Why are we leaving? ” Vlad asked.

“All will be explained when we get back to the council headquarters. ” Alpha Dimitrius replied this time.

“But we can't just leave our pack unprotected and without it's Alpha. ” Vlad stated firmly.

“We don't have time for this. ” Luna Hay said exasperatedly. “Reina, put them to sleep and let's go. ”

“Wait, what? ” That was all I could get out before I fell unconscious again.