25 - Eyes

Iris's POV

We've been moving from one end of the forest to another, hunting and taking down other teams all night and now it's five in the morning.

The sun will be coming up soon and they're still two groups that I want to hunt and take down, Vlad and Dante's groups, but the fuckers have been evading me.

How am I supposed to rub the fact that I'm better than them in their faces if I can't find them and riddle them with bullets?

I sound crazy don't I?

I'm currently in another high tree, scoping out the area and I guess I must be tired or s because the rifle's night vision scope is hurting my eyes and making shit blurry for me.

What's even crazier is, when I look around with my normal eyes, I can see far better than if I was using the scope.

Movement to my left catches my attention and I turn to see some idiot climbing up a tree a couple meters away, no doubt to get an optical advantage.

I decide to toy with them, seeing as how the others have been having more fun taking down victims than I have.

I really should stop calling them victims.

I take aim and wait till he's high enough, then I shoot his right leg. He manages to keep his grip and starts looking around rapidly, trying to spot where the danger is at.

I shoot his left arm and he looks ready to climb down the tree so I shoot his other leg. He's dangling by his right hand right now and I am impressed he hasn't fallen yet.

Not impressed enough to spare him though.

I shoot his arm and watch his body fall to the ground, no doubt breaking a couple bones. His teammates around him go on high alert as they stand in a half circle shielding him.

I thought about pulling a Wanted and killing them all with one bullet, but then I remembered that this is real life and not a movie, so I just gave them each individual head shots.

I see the first guy raise his head up to look at his team and I shoot him in the head to, finally putting him out of his misery.

“Araceli, tag them. ” I instruct and Delgado and her make their way to the bodies.

I see the sun rising in the horizon and I'm sad that our fun has come to an end.

I removed the magazine from the gun and take out the bullet in the chamber before dropping it down for Lauren to catch, then I make my way down the tree.

We wait for Delgado and Araceli as we pack up our weapons, before we all make our way outside of the forest.

This was fun, I hope we get more exercises like this.

We were almost at the treeline when a shot went off and Araceli let out a cry of pain. One glance at her let us know that she'd been shot in the leg.

“Behind the trees, now! ” I ordered and Delgado picked her up and we all hid behind the trees.

I knew this was just a temporary solution seeing as we had no idea where the shooter was.

Another shot, this time the bullet went through my left arm and I had to bite hard on my lip not to make a sound.

We couldn't see shit so we had no idea where the shots were coming from nor how many shooters they were.

The sun was on the horizon, but the forest was still pretty fucking dark and that put us at a terrible disadvantage.