20 - Alpha, Beta, Doctor, Warrior

Iris's POV

I was abruptly awoken this morning by a loud ass siren sound that came from all around me, but I couldn't see where it was coming from.

That is, until I spotted speakers on the corners of my ceiling.

The siren was soon cut off and replaced with Alpha Hay's voice. "Rise and shine trainees, you have twenty minutes to get read and assemble in the throne room. " She seems to be getting wayyyyyy too much joy from this act of cruelty.

I stayed on my bed for a couple minutes before finally getting up and going to the bathroom to take care of my hygiene before going to my closet to pick out my outfit for the day.

I have a feeling that my usual fashion style won't be appropriate for whatever the council has in mind, so I settled for something comfortable yet, fashionable with my tan Calvin Klein crop top hoodie, matching sweat pants and white crop tank top with my white and beige Nikes to match.

I braided my hair into twin French braids and put some waterproof mascara, light blush and transparent lip gloss to finish before stepping out of my closet.

I walked to my room door and opened it to be greeted by my favorite guard in the whole wide world, note the sarcasm.

We walked down the hall in silence and I'd normally be okay with it, but it's weird having someone watching your every move and not even knowing their name.

"Hey, what's your name? " I asked and he looked at me through the corner of his eye before looking forward again.

"Dominic. " He said.

"Nice to meet you Dominic, I'm.... " I started to introduce myself, only to have him cut me off.

"Pixie, I know, or do you prefer being called Flower? " He seemed to genuinely think that those were my names, which had me in a fit of giggles.

"No, my name's Iris. " I said when I finally composed myself. "Vlad calls me pixie cause I'm short for a lycan, at least, my human form is, and Dante calls me Flower cause I'm named after a flower. " I explained and he morphed his face into an 'oh ' look. "Anyway, I think you and I are going to be good friends Dom. "

"I doubt it, but we'll see kid. " He replied.

"I'm not a kid. " I said with a little frown.

"When you've lived for almost 3 centuries, then we'll talk about how grown up you are, but for now, you're still a kid. " He said so matter of factly, deepening my frown.

I was going to respond, but we got to the throne room and I saw that everyone had the same idea as me and dressed in either sweats or workout clothes.

I walked towards the crowd of lycans while Dominic went over to the edge of the room where the other guards were.

I was in the middle of the crowd, looking for my group, when the council came out of a door at the back of the podium where the thrones were and came to stand before us in the front.

"Good morning young lycans, today your training begins. " Alpha Demetrius addressed us. "But first, we're going to have you work in groups of four consisting of an alpha, a beta, a pack doctor and a warrior and yes, I know that you're all betas and alphas, so it's up to you four to decide whom will be what in your group. "

Murmurs filled the room as people started talking over their positions with their friends.

"Before you all get ahead of yourselves, we'll be the ones teaming you up, and trust me, you won't be teamed with your friends or family. " Alpha Hay said, smiling as the room erupted in groans.

I swear, she's a fucking sadist.

"And, though I said that the positions are up to you four to decide, what I meant was that you'll all spar and the last one standing will be the alpha and the alpha will delegate your positions to each of you. " Alpha Demetrius said, psyching us all up.

Everyone wants a chance to be alpha, especially cause it means you're one step closer to being king or queen.

"Now, I will call the names of all the group members. " Alpha Gonzalez said.

An eternity later and I found myself in group group 4 with another beta and two other alphas.

We were three females and one male, him being one of the alphas.

We had a total of 25 groups and looking around, I could see that no body was happy with whom they were paired with.

"Now, we will select a group at random from this bowl and you will begin your sparring match. " Alpha Carlos said with a cheerful smile, gesturing to a transparent glass bowl with paper in it.

He put his hand in the bowl and pulled one piece of paper out. "Group 8, begin. " His entire demeanor changed with just that one sentence. Gone was the joyful peace loving alpha, and in his place was the alpha who fought in the jade war and came out as one of the victors.

Group 8 was Kayla's group and though I know my sister would be fine being the pack doctor, she was still Beta Sandoval's child and we never backed down from our fights.

Everyone else formed a circle around them and the four of them started circling each other, eyeing themselves up before an alpha attacked first, going for the male beta in their group while Kayla attacked the female alpha.

The fight was brutal with bones being broken and flesh being scratched off.

The male alpha took down the beta first before Kayla took down the female alpha.

The both of them circled each other, growling and snarling, watching for an opening to strike and this time, Kayla struck first.

Shifting her mouth into her muzzle, he went for his side, biting into his stomach but he quickly pried her jaw open and threw her to the ground, not giving her time to recuperate before kicking her in her stomach, hard enough to have her rolling on the floor before she shifted her hands and feet to claws, regaining her balance on all fours.

She ran at him at full speed on all fours, faking like she was going for his legs and at the last second, leaping into the air, aiming for his jugular but he shifted into his full lycan form and caught her by the throat with his teeth.

Talk about irony.

He held on tight enough to make her submit, but not enough to kill her.

The match was over and we all cheered loudly at their skills, lycans love violence almost as much as we love power.

"Zyan Petrov of the Letniye Kholmi pack, is the alpha of group 8. " Alpha Carlos announced. "Take yourself and your new pack to the infirmary and decide on your positions. "

They left the throne room with their guards assisting them.

"Now, shall we see who's next? " He asked and we were all brimming with excitement and anticipation.