24 ‐ Hunting Games

Iris's POV

We didn't win, and I didn't really expect us to, but I was still a bit disappointed that we didn't get first place.

We came in fourth place, and we were so close too.

At least we didn't come in fucking last. Well, no point crying over spilled milk, especially when said milk was spilled a fucking week ago.

Today though, we have combat training and I can't wait. Nothing works better as a stress relief like shooting a bunch of unsuspecting lycans.

We're just using regular bullets though, so no one actually gets hurt, sadly, but at least they'll be lots of blood.

And in case you were wondering, yes, the humans did bring about our use of guns. It was the classic case of the weak trying to gain power over the strong, only thing is we shut that shit down immediately and showed them their place.

We did adapt their use of guns along with our own weapons though, it minimized the casualties and helped us win close combat battles that we'd lose on a norm.

That being said, I fucking hate guns. They're a pussy's weapon. I prefer to get up close and personal with my victims so I can feel their organs in my hand as I rip them out and smell the blood as it splashes all over and around me.

Yeah, I have a little bit of blood lust, but who doesn't?

Despite my loathing for guns though, I do love sniper rifles. They're big and precise and you get to strike fear into your prey cause they never know when you're coming for them, just like fucking death.

My pack and I head to the artillery building behind the castle to pick up our weapons and the place is fucking filled with excited lycans rushing around to get their choice weapons before someone else takes them.

I immediately head to the collection of rifles hanging on the wall by the left at the end of the huge bunker like building.

The rifles are arranged according to make and color coded like the rainbow from red to violet with two extra shades of each color.

Who said violence couldn't be pretty?

I go straight to the VSS Vintora. This baby was designed for assassinations in particular but it'll be quite difficult to use in the forest because of all the trees, so I decided to go with the Barret M82 instead.

It's far from a conventional assassination sniper rifle, but the bullets can pierce through fucking concrete and hit your targets and that is what I need right now.

I'm going to be in a dense forest at night, hunting lycans, and I need the 82s bullets to ensure my shots hit my prey even if they decide to hide behind a fucking tree.

And what good were the American humans for if not for making guns?

I pick up the M82 in a heather mauve color along with 3 extra magazines, just in case I'm feeling playful. I place them in the matching colored case and I was set.

I had what I needed now so I decided to just walk around and see what else peaked my interest.

I was looking at the bow and arrows when I heard someone walking up to me. One long sniff told me who there were before they stopped beside me.

“Are you all ready? ” I asked Delgado as I picked up a red bow and inspected it from top to bottom.

“Yes, we are. ” He said stiffly, like usual.

“Alright, let's go. ” I placed the bow back on its hooks and we walked away with Delgado in front.

We got to the other two and I noticed that they all had their weapons in cases as well.

“Let's head to the forest, you can tell me why weapons you chose on the way so I can come up with a suitable strategy for us. ” I instructed and we left the armoury.

Delgado got two 357 Magnums, Lauren got a fucking broad sword like the barbarian that she is and Araceli got twin ring daggers.

The plan was simple, I'd take care of our victims from high in the trees, acting as cover for the rest of them. Delgado would act as an extra form of defense for Araceli seeing as we can't lose out doctor, while Lauren would lead the charge into the enemy territory and lay waste to them.

This exercise is basically a free-for-all, after you finish off a team, you move on to the next one and whoever is left standing when the sun comes up are the winners.

We got to the middle of the forest and I proceeded to climb up a tree to scope out the other teams.

I set up my rifle and used the night vision scope to scan the area for our first targets. And I found them, a 50 meters out setting up.

“Lauren, 50 meters east, handle them as you please. ” I ordered and I could see the smile on her face as she opened up her purple case and got out her big broad sword.

She's a fucking beast I tell me you.

She ran in their direction and I watched her the whole way through my scope to make sure no one got in her way.

She didn't even try to hide her presence as she got to our 4 targets, she just started swinging her sword, slashing body parts off until they fell unconscious from the blood lust.

Then she used the injection tags given to us to mark our victims and leave them unconscious. There was blood everywhere and I was incredibly happy that she was on my team, cause this girl is a fucking psycho.

I saw the last one going to attack her from behind and shot him in the head and he was out. She stuck the needle in his neck and started making her way back.

Don't worry, lycans regenerate really fast and are almost impossible to kill, so we can go crazy and hunt and hurt each other as much as we want without fear of actually killing ourselves.

Let the hunt begin.