11 - You

Iris's POV

I don't know how much time went by while we were kissing but the fact that we were both out of breath told me that it was a long while.

We pulled back and went back to staring into each other's eyes and I immediately saw the guilt creeping into him.

Fucking hell, why can't he just be like most humans and not give a damn about cheating on their significant others? He's not even her mate for hell's sake.

I quickly kiss him again like the selfish person I am, hoping that he will get lost in the kiss and forget about Ivana again but he doesn't move with me, he's just frozen until he pulls back and I'm left looking like an idiot.

I quickly get off his lap and walk out his door. I hear him call my name and I run as fast as I can away from the pack house.

I don't want to go home and I don't want to drag Leila away from the party so I just wander about on the road with nothing but my bikini on.

I really am an idiot.

Even after everything I've done to get him to like me or at least see me as more than Rio and Kayla's little sister, that's still what I am to him.

I spot a payphone an hour into my walk and hurry to it. I don't have any money so I broke the bottom half of it and took out the coins.

I put some in and dial the number of the one person I know would make me feel better and they pick up on the second ring.

“Who the fuck is this and why are you calling me at 11:59 at night? ” He barked into the phone.

“Dante. ” I sob out and it's just then I realize that I've been crying.

“Flower, is that you? ” He asked and I could hear the concern in his voice.

“Yeah. Did I wake you? ” I asked feeling only slightly guilty.

“No baby, I was already up and about to call you to wish you happy birthday which is why I was pissed that someone was calling me at the same time. ” He explained. “Are you okay Flower? You don't sound good. ” He always worries about me.

“I did something stupid and embarrassing and I don't want to stay here anymore. ” I sobbed out.

“I've told you not to run from your problems darling. How do you expect to be a good leader if you can't face a little embarrassment? ” I hate when he's right.

“But he's with this werewolf chick and he seems to be in love with her. ” I said.

“Werewolf huh? Doesn't she have a mate somewhere? What's she doing rolling in the sheets with a lycan? ” He asked what I've been wondering since I found out.

“That's what I've been thinking. If you ask me, she's a gold digger that's trying to use Vlad for his power but everyone else thinks she's this nice girl that fell in love with him. ” I explained.

“Nice girls don't go about getting in serious relationships with someone that isn't their mate. ” He stated. “What's her name, I'll do some digging and tell you what I find. ”

“Ivana Sasha, she's from the Letniye Kholmi pack in Russia. ” I told him.

“Alright, I'll look into it and until then, don't do anything stupid like running away cause it makes you seem weak and cowardly and that's not what you are. ” He said and I instantly felt better and like I could take on the world.

“You're right. ” I said and he cut me off.

“I'm always right Flower, tell me something I don't know. ” He said cockily.

“You're an ass. ” I said and he started laughing “Thank you Dante. ” And I really meant it.

“Any time darling. Happy birthday. ”

We ended the call and I knew I had to go back to the party and face Vlad to let him see that I wouldn't be broken by him or anyone.

I left the phone and started my walk back to the pack house.

I didn't expect for the whole party to be over when I got back though and I definitely didn't expect to see Vlad and Ivana kissing on the lawn chair but this night is just full of surprises.

I tried to step quietly into the house to get my dress but Vlad heard me and pulled away from her and stood up, causing her to fall on the floor.

I would have laughed if I wasn't so heart broken.

Instead of acknowledging them, I walked into the house and up the stairs to Vlad's room where I kept my dress.

I was in the process of putting it on when I heard him walk into the room. I could tell it was him because of his heart beat.

Man, have I got it bad.

“Pixie, we need to talk about what happened. ” He said firmly.

I turned around after putting my dress on and saw him standing in front of the locked door, no doubt to keep me from running again.

“There's nothing to talk about Vlad, we kissed and I thought we were both feeling the same thing but obviously we weren't so let's just put it behind us and move on. ” I said so confidently that I almost believe my self when I said I'd put the kiss behind me.

“I don't want to put it behind me though. ” He said shocking me.

“Well what do you want then Vlad because you don't seem to know. ” I said frustrated and confused.

“I want you Pixie. ” He said.

“Are you sure about that? Cause I just saw you making out with Ivana not less than five minutes ago. ” Even I could hear the jealousy in my tone.

“I wasn't making out with her, I was breaking up with her. ” He said and I started laughing.

“I think your definition of breaking up and mine and completely different. ” I said once I got my chuckles under control.

“I really was Iris. Then she was like ‘let's have one last kiss for old times sake. ’ ” He said in a bad impression of her voice. “I was about to tell her no when she kissed me and then you showed up. ” He finished.

“If what you're saying is true, why didn't you kiss me back when I kissed you? ” I had to ask cause he hurt my pride.

“Because I was in shock. ” He said. “I mean, the first kiss was like a spur of the moment thing so I thought maybe you didn't mean it but then you kissed me again and I froze from the realization that you actually liked me. But before I could respond, you pulled away and ran out of the house. ” He explained and I felt like such an idiot.

I looked down at my feet to hide my embarrassment plus I didn't know what to say to him.

It seems that I didn't have to say anything because next thing I know, I was being pulled into his arms and his lips were crashing down on mine.

I repeat, best birthday ever.