Providence & Provenance!

Garrett

We were just laughing and fooling around last night when we looked into the next window, but instantly my eyes had been drawn to the antique ring hidden almost in the back of the window display, it was practically screaming buy me! I'd glanced over to see Little Swan's eyes glued to the very same ring and I knew we had found her engagement ring. It was a large square-cut black diamond, surrounded by small white diamonds and set into the shank were several more small black ones, stunning was the only word that came to mind.

We then agreed to return in the morning, as I had held her to me kissing her with all the love I had inside me and I felt the little tears brushing our lips as she cried with joy at finding the ring for us.

Once we were back at the hotel, I had carried an exhausted, but a happy angel to the massive bed gently stripped us of our clothes and slid into the cool sheets. I held her against me all night, occasionally stroking her hair or the skin on her back as she slept soundly, now and then mumbling my name with such love and devotion, I was humbled then, that this wonderful human woman, could love me, to other eyes I was a monster, but to Little Swan, I was a man, her man and I thanked anyone who was prepared to listen, there in the dead of night, for giving her to me.

I woke her gently, giving her plenty time to have breakfast in bed and a shower before we headed out to get our ring, it was still there in the window looking as perfect to me as it did last night. To Little Swan's eyes, she said it was more splendid in the daylight, she pulled me into the shop practically bouncing with anticipation, the shop owner smiled affectionately at her, did my woman have this effect on all men? yes, yes she did!

Caius

"Aro, have you heard from Carlisle recently? Is that human changed yet?"

I was seriously bored and was looking to get someone, anyone, into trouble, it was the only fun I ever got nowadays. Aro had us all tied to Volterra and him, we knew this but were unable to break free. Aro and Marcus looked up from what they were doing and they were pensive,

"Yes it's been over a year so I would have thought it would be done by now!" Aro seemed confused, wondering why Carlisle hadn't told us it had occurred.

"She wasn't his mate, were you aware Aro?" Marcus asked in his usual bored voice and Aro smiled nodding,

"I read him remember! That boy's so conflicted, it's a holdover from his human life, his life was destined for the church you know? Shame! Let's hope it's done, I really don't want to have to kill Carlisle. I like him and his peculiar thoughts on our way of life! He's wrong of course, but I do like him, I predict we get a call soon, Alice will have seen this conversation!"

Alice

"Shit, Shit, Shit! Jasper, we've got trouble coming our way!"

It was only a matter of time, but as usual, we just didn't give it enough attention, the Volturi have remembered Bella and her promised change, Damn it, Caius couldn't let sleeping dogs lie!

"My mate you need to head the Volturi off, they have decided Bella is out of time, I told you, Edward, you're a bloody fool!"

Jasper and Carlisle were frozen in place and Edward was hanging his head in shame, little good that would do now!

Jasper

Fuck! I didn't want them involved in our coven until we were back to full strength and Bella was changed, well I'm just goin' to have to bluff my way through this! I motioned for Carlisle to follow me to my study, I know everyone would hear, but I needed to have the comfort of my own stuff around me, for this call.