Chapter 30

The first thing I felt was my lungs swelling as the air filled them, then the loud cheering rattled my ear drums before I felt the cold swell of the water ripple around me. My arms and legs immediately started pushing against the water as I tried to stay afloat as I noticed the Fleur look-alike bobbing along beside me. The sound of a splash drew my gaze to the platforms filled with people as I noticed an annoyed Ron, now moving towards us as the twins stood with their arms out looking rather pleased as if they had just pushed somebody in. Ron, the twins had pushed him in. 

I swam towards Ron, trying to keep myself afloat along with the younger blonde. 
"You okay? Harry and Ginny were going crazy," Ron spoke. 
"Just help her get to the platform. I can't talk and swim," I gasped as some water got into my mouth, causing me to cough it back up. 

Ron nodded as he helped us over to the ladder, where Fleur was crouched waiting for her sister. She reached her hand out speaking to her sister in French as her sister grabbed it. Once she was up and out of the lake, Ron helped me up the ladder before following. Ginny and the twins crowded round me as Hermione came over dripping yet with a spare towel for me. 

I could hear them all talking to me as I coughed up the little bit of water in my lungs as I watched the water for Harry to appear. Harry burst up flying out of the water landing right in front of Dumbledore and the judges, who had been standing at the edge of the platform. I watched Seamus rush over with a towel while Dumbledore checked that he was alright. Dumbledore confirmed he was okay before he called the judges away clearing the platform. 

Ron helped me up as we walked over to him only for Fleur to move in front of us, "You saved her, even though she wasn't yours to save. My little sister!" Fleur pressed a kiss to both his cheeks before she noticed Ron and moved over to him as I slid down next to Harry.  
"You okay?" I asked. 
He nodded turning to me, "You're alright. How long were you under?"
"What time is it I asked?"
"Midday," Seamus spoke from behind Harry. 
"I was under there for over twelve hours," I panicked as I looked away and across the stands noticing Draco, who was stood between Crabbe and Goyle with Blaise nearby. I looked at him realising I'd missed our meeting this morning but he didn't look angry more relieved that I was okay. 

"Harry!" Hermione called as she wrapped another towel around him as Harry answered her name back, "Are you alright? You must be freezing! Personally, I think you behaved admirably."
"I finished last Hermione," Harry said as Hermione kissed his head. 
Hermione spoke with amusement in her voice, "Next to last. Fleur never got past the Grindylows." I will never know how she knew all that so quickly, I had barely been able to think apart from knowing that I was freezing. 

Dumbledore stepped forwards calling, "Attention!" The crowds continued their cheering so Dumbledore placed his wand to his mouth magnifying his voice, "Attention! The winner is... Mr Diggory!" Cedric and the Hufflepuffs all cheered. "who showed innate command of the Bubble-Head Charm However, seeing as Mr Potter would have finished first had it not been for his determination to rescue not only Miss Potter but the others as well, we've agreed to award him second place," Dumbledore called.
"Well done, Harry!" I called as I hugged him while everyone nearby cheered. 
"for outstanding moral fibre!"

Krum ended up with third and Fleur graced with no points for not finishing leaving her in last place. The boats came back to collect us from the platform and return us all to land, they made sure the champions and hostages got a boat each from the first boats to pull up to the tower. 

Ginny, Fred, George, Hermione, Ron, Harry and I got in one of the boats and made it back to land. George helping me out as Fred spoke to Harry, "All that moral fibre, eh?"

"Blimey, even when you go wrong it turns out right." Ron laughed at Harry. 
"Yeah, well done 'moral fibre'." George patted Harry on the shoulder.