Chapter 61 - Deathly Hallows

My stomach lurched, reaching for my lungs as I keeled over the toilet again. My throat burned as I regurgitated my lunch. My palms sweated as I clung to the toilet seat hoping that the physical contact with the toilet would keep me anchored to the world. My head swirled in spiralling patterns when I managed to pull back and lean against the wall. 

The anxiety and stress of this move tonight was not helping me. It had started last night as I began overthinking and I'd been a regular visitor to Privet Drive's toilet. It was also incredibly weird to be back after 3 years but the order had decided this would be the safest place for Harry and I didn't want to leave him. 

I waited for my stomach to settle slightly before I moved to the sink. Cupping my hand under the water tap, I sipped  at the water. I swirled out my mouth, spitting the vomit tasting water back into the sink. The next mouthful of water I drank hoping to settle my stomach with water. I splashed some water on my face before, wiping my sleeve across my face and shaking my hands. All the hand towels - or any towel for that mater - had been packed away. 

All my own belongings were at the bottom of the stairs in my school trunk, ready to be taken back to the burrow. My move was meant to be around 4, while the order were returning for Harry around 6. The Dursleys were leaving within the next 15 minutes, which would give Harry and I half an hour together until I left. 

I stumbled my way down the stairs, spotting my Uncle and cousin by the front door. I slotted myself in on the front porch next to Harry, watching as our Uncle fill the car. 

"Come on, Dudley. Hurry up," He called. 

Dudley had seemed puzzled over the whole thing, "I still don't understand why we have to leave." 

"Because," Uncle Vernon reiterated for what felt like the ninth time, "it's not safe for us here anymore." 

Vernon turned to us once Petunia got in the car after speaking with Harry in the living room. "This isn't just goodbye. This is farewell." 

"I don't understand," Dudley started up again. "Aren't they coming with us?"

"Who?" Vernon seemed confused. 

Dudley nodded in our direction, "Harry and Rose." 

"Absolutely not," Vernon seemed shocked and displeased at his son's suggestion. 

"Why?"

"Why?" Vernon's temper was going to rise if this continued. "Because they don't want to. Do you, boy?" Vernon turned to look at us, imploring us to go along with him. His direct plea to Harry as the oldest to take the lead. 

"Absolutely not. No. Besides, we're just a waste of space. Isn't that right, Vernon?" Harry asked, picking the exact words he had used about us so many times. 

Vernon didn't warrant a reply to Harry' sarcasm as he turned to get into the car, "Come on, Dudley. We're off."

Dudley decided against his father as he walked back towards the house, making deliberate eye contact with his father as he stepped over the small fence surrounding the front lawn. Once he was stood in front of us he reached out his hand for Harry to shake, Harry did so hesitating slightly. 

"I don't think you're a waste of space," Dudley assured us. 

My eyes started to well with tears. Merlin's sake, why am I being so sappy.

Harry nodded, "Thanks." 

Dudley turned to me reaching out to shake my hand. Instead I stepped forwards and looped my arms around his shoulders hugging him. "You ever need anything, head to the Leaky Cauldron and ask Tom for me."