Chapter 55

"Rosie!" Harry called me over as soon as I walked into the Common Room. 

It had been a week since I had found out Draco was a death eater. We'd spent most nights in the Room of Requirement, as I had to remind Draco he had to sleep. I'd even found a bed near the cabinet, which I'd floated over for him to sleep on. Draco's tactic was to wear me out so I fell asleep while he returned to the cabinet. The only he times he stayed is if he knew he would wake me if he moved. I'd taken to sleeping on top of him, keeping him prisoner. 

Draco had been roped into the Slytherin Christmas party tonight so I knew he wouldn't be leaving for the Room of Requirement, especially with my instructions to Blaise to keep him on a tight leash. 

I walked my way over to Harry, who had made himself cosy in an isolated corner. "What?" I asked, falling across his lap as he had decided to have this conversation, while he was sat in the only chair in the vicinity. 

"Do you want to go to Slughorn's Christmas party with me?" He asked as he hugged me. I was so glad that after the whole fallout last year, we were back to being us again. Most of the students found it weird how close we were but they forgot that for 10 years of my life, a whole decade, it had just been Harry and I against the world. 

I frowned slightly, leaning back to rest my head on his shoulder as I swung my feet over the arm of the chair, "I've already got a date."

Harry sighed, "Right, Draco."

I shook my head, "No. Draco said he was busy so Blaise asked me. Do you still not have a date yet?"

"Would I be asking you if I already had a date?" Harry leant his head back in disappointment as he stared at the ceiling. 

"Okay, I'll help you get a date," I assured him. Petting his cheek while laughing. Harry shook me off as he scowled. "Right, a date. I would recommend Ginny since you're head over heels for her but I think she is going with Dean even though their relationship is on the rocks. So you could ask Penny."

"I know you love Penny," Harry smiled at me, "but I barely know her. I'm sure she is sweet and all but I don't think Penny is the right choice." 

"What about Hermione?"

Harry shook his head, "Tried that, she already has a date. And before you ask, I don't know who it is." 

"Fine," I stuck my tongue out at him. "What about Luna? You know Luna, she was part of the DA. She's nice." 

"Actually, that's not a bad shout," Harry nodded. "I'll ask Luna. Luna is cool."

"Luna is very cool," I agreed half-heartedly as my eyes slipped shut. Maybe I hadn't been getting enough sleep. My body lulled as I listened to the steady beat of Harry's heart and his breathing rocked me like a baby in a cradle. A nap wouldn't be too bad an idea. Harry's hand started stroking over my forehead, a trick he'd been using since I was little to get me to sleep. A trick he hadn't used since my first year at Hogwarts. 

It was like I was back at age 6, small and insignificant in the cupboard. Life may not have been easy but it was good. I blissfully accepted the darkness as it cocooned around me like an old friend. 

-=-

Ginny and Dean walked with me to the party, where Blaise was meeting me. I have never been a part of a more awkward group. I should have waited for Harry and Luna or Hermione. However, considering Ginny and I had gotten ready together and she picked out my green sparkly dress, I couldn't turn away her offer to walk with me to the party. 

"Thanks for walking me," I smiled before weaving my way through the crowd until I found Blaise on the other side of the room.