Chapter 17

A ticking noise. 

I opened my eyes it's dark. I hear a gasp. I look around and notice a sleeping figure by my bedside. 

"Professor Snape?" I asked with a husky voice. 

The figure stirred and turned to me.

"Miss Potter!" He seemed shocked. "You're awake." 

"Could I have a drink?" I spoke through my rough throat.

Snape passed me a glass of water and helped me drink some. He placed the glass back down and turned to me a scowl on his face.

"Don't you dare put yourself in trouble again like that Miss Potter." 

"I'm sorry, Professor but why does it bother you so much?" I asked. 

"It was like losing your mother all over again. The way you lied too still. So pale compared to those fiery locks." He said. 

"You knew my mum." I asked. 

"Yes. We were friends long before your mother came to Hogwarts. " Snape recounted.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked. 

"You're so much like your mother. Not just in looks. I couldn't handle getting close to you to lose you when you finished Hogwarts." Snape said. 

"I'm tired." I yawned. 

"Go to sleep. I'll inform Poppy that you came to. When you wake up I'll make sure Harry is here." 

I simply nodded as I rolled over into the bed and fell asleep. 

-=-

Next time I came to I was alone. I could see the sun rising in the window. The doors opened and in came Madam Pomphrey. 

"Hello." I said getting her attention. 

"Ah. Miss Potter. Professor Snape said you woke." She said coming over to me. 

"How bad? " I asked. "I don't feel any pain." 

"The scratches healed quite well. I'm going to keep you today but you'll be able to re-join the others by dinner at the latest. However, since they were inflicted by a werewolf, there will be three permanent scars running down your side. As long as you don't run or lift anything for the next month you should be good and not reopen the wound. I'm afraid you won't be competing in much Quidditch or anything since the scars will restrict movement." She explained. 

"Thank you, Madam Pomphrey." I smiled sweetly. "Can I sit up?" I asked.

"Just take it slow." She smiled before disappearing into her office. 

The doors opened once more. A very pale Uncle Remus came in with a brief case. "So the rumour is true you are awake."

"Where are you going?" I asked.

He smiled. " I resigned. The nature of my condition was let slip so I figured it best." He never met my eyes.

"I don't blame you. I should have moved." I spoke.

"Just like your mother. Far too forgiving." Uncle Remus spoke.

"There is nothing to forgive." I answered.

"Anyway. I stopped by to say goodbye before I left." He said. 

"I'll see you again, right?" I asked. 

"Yes. What sort of god-parent only sees their god-child once?" He smiled before leaving the hospital wing. 

-=-