Chapter 64

I'd missed him by all of two seconds, I'd missed Draco. 

My feet collided with a hard surface, I bent my knees in order to break my fall. I hadn't realised I'd closed my eyes to ease the nausea of apparating. My hand was yanked as I opened them, my back slamming into a metal fence. 

In front of me a double decker red London bus narrowly missed my face. Did I just get side long apparated into a busy road?

"I almost died," I whined. 

I turned to my side to see had transferred back to normal, while we had apparated. Hermione was still holding on to Ron and Harry, while Harry had grabbed me. 

"Come on," Hermione hissed breaking the chain before pulling us off the road. She even started speed walking down the path. 

Everyone stared at our fancy attire, while we continued further down the street blindly chasing after Hermione. 

"Where are we?" Ron voiced the question we'd all been thinking. 

"Shaftesbury Avenue. I used to come to the theatre here with Mum and Dad," Hermione explained to us. "I don't know why I thought of it. It just popped into my head." 

Unlike the others, I'd still not let go of Harry's hand. I wasn't trusting myself to not get lost in these summer crowds. With the route march Hermione was on to get us out of the public eye, I'd probably fall over. Thank god I wore flats to the wedding. 

"This way," Hermione called to us slipping into one of the empty side alleys. 

Only the sound of our footsteps rippled through the alley until Hermione started messing with her bag. "We need to change," she insisted. 

The four us all managed to huddle into a door way as Hermione dug into her bag. Within seconds I assumed it had to have an undetectable extension charm because her arm just disappeared inside. 

"How the ruddy?" Ron asked as she passed him his clothes. 

Hermione barely flinched as she answered, "Undetectable Extension Charm." She pushed a set of clothes to Harry this time. 

"You're amazing, you are," Ron insisted. 

Hermione passed me what appeared to be jeans and one of Harry's old shirts before looking at Ron. "Always the tone of surprise." 

A random tumbling thud sounded before Hermione looked concerned, "Ah. That'll be the books." 

While the others were marvelling over the bag, I slipped my shoes off. Pulling up the jeans under my dress so I didn't have to strip completely down to my underwear. I managed to get the sleeves off while keeping the bodice of my dress up before pulling the top over my head. I finally stepped out of my dress before slipping my shoes back on. 

Ron turned away from Hermione finally and looked me, "How?"

"I shared a room with Harry for 12 years," I shrugged as if that explained everything. 

Hermione held her hand out for my dress, which I passed over and she slid into the bag. She collected the boys clothes once they'd finished changing before she made us all turn so she could change. 

"Let's find somewhere to sit," Harry insisted. "We need to regroup and figure out what to do." 

"Let's find a coffee shop," Hermione insisted before leading us back out into the street. 

It didn't take long for Hermione navigate the streets to an empty coffee shop so she lead us all in. 

I couldn't help the small smile as I watched Ron take the seat next to Hermione. I was the last to sit down, practically collapsing into the chair. When they say exhaustion hits you like a bat in the face they weren't wrong. Growing a human was tiring. I let out a little yawn before Harry nudged me nodding to his shoulder. I leaned over slightly to rest my head on his shoulder as I listened to the others talk.