Chapter 79

Blaise was a life saver. He'd shown up after lunch the first day ready to work. He'd taken care to understand my shelf organisation, quickly taking up the role of tidying everything away and putting wands back. This meant I just had to pull wands and find the right match. The next day he'd convinced Ginny to come in before she returned for her final year at Hogwarts - something which I had passed on until McGonagall offered private classes in the basics: Charms, Transfiguration and Defense Against the Dark Arts, which she believed I'd need in my new profession. 

Each day somebody from the Weasley clan or Blaise would show up before opening ready to work for the day. Even running out at lunch to bring me back food so I could work through lunch but still have something to munch on. Mrs Weasley had even come in and taken away Gemini to babysit regularly throughout the week so I had 100% concentration on work. Bill stopped in one day to balance my books for me because he'd heard I hadn't had the chance -I'd collected the profits from everyday and bagged them separately in the safe in the upstairs apartment. 

It was Saturday morning when I had the first quiet period, it was around lunch time. Currently, I was ducked behind the counter, head first inside Gemini's play tent pulling faces at her. The bell trilled over the door, alerting me of somebodies arrival. 

"One seconds," I called behind me as I made sure Gemini was stable before I removed myself from the tent and pushed to stand up. 

I took in the figure standing in the centre of my shop. Her eyes flickering around taking in all the adaptations and changes I'd made to the shop. This was the last person, I'd expected to be stood in Ollivander's this particular Saturday morning. 

"Hi Narcissa," I attempted to form some sort of smile. 

The older lady turned to me and smiled back, "I like what you've done with the place, dear." 

"Thank you. Is there anything I can do for you?" I tried to show willing in talking to her because realistically she'd only ever been anything but nice to me. I couldn't blame her for Draco walking away at the Battle of Hogwarts - the official Ministry decreed title.  She may have been one of the factors but it was in the end Draco's decision. 

"Well, my dear, as you may know. My family and I have spent the last few week imprisoned in the Ministry. My husband, Lucius, is currently striking a deal with the Ministry for himself to remain out of Azkaban by outing other Death Eaters and speaking against them. My son and I have had quite a different experience with your brother speaking out for us. Draco is still being decided upon but as of this morning, about an hour ago, I'm a free lady except from having to report weekly to a ministry parole officer," Narcissa explained. 

I nodded along, "I'm glad it's all working out for you. But, Narcissa, I'm unsure where I come in and why you've come here." 

"Blaise was at the Ministry as he has been most of the week, as you probably know. He mentioned that you'd been given ownership of this establishment. I was hoping we could talk." She explained her reasoning behind her presence. 

"What did you want to talk about? I don't want talk about myself and Draco, though, if that's what you've come to talk about."

She nodded her head, "I understand, my dear. I'm not most enamored by my husband at this time for digging us into this mess. I'd never have been mixed in with the others if not for his and my sister's insistence. Anyway, I was actually hoping we could talk about Draco's daughter. I believe he said her name was Gemini?" 

My heart clenched. Narcissa had never done any wrong by me. She'd been the first and only person who'd sided with Voldemort to be released so far. I knew she wouldn't hurt Gemini. I breathed deeply, "One moment."