Protect the Hair, Counselor Bagdermole

"Hey Asami," Wu said innocently, "You've been here a while, hmm?"

"Going on my third year."

"So, uh, what are the chances I'd get caught by Tarrlok if I were to say... try to sneak in some vodka?" he whispered.

"What are the chances of Sean Bean dying in a movie?"

Mako and Korra roared with laughter. It was their third day at Camp Amon, and they were sitting out on the dock during their free-time. Noatak and Tarrlok had agreed to let Korra go swimming so long as the other members of her group obliged; everyone was more than happy to get away from the rest of camp and take in the scenery. Kuvira was parked in a chair at the shoreline, happily reading a book— occasionally shooting them glances. But she didn't seem to care what they were doing during their free-time so long as they were being "straight".

Asami and Mako had joined Korra in the water, while Wu stayed mostly dry on the dock. He was currently giving himself a manicure (the camp had unfortunately confiscated his nail polish).

Mako splashed Korra, "Dude, how would you even sneak vodka in?"

"I don't know," Wu snapped, "Maybe they have some hidden in a cabinet? Noatak looks like the type of guy who takes the edge off at night with a belt."

"Maybe we could send a message in a bottle to one of the houses on the other side of the lake," Korra chuckled.

"Not a bad idea," Wu mused.

"Hey, Wu, why don't you join us?"

"And mess up this hair? It took me half an hour— "

"He woke up early," Mako mumbled, "The sun wasn't even out. I'm not even in the same cabin and I heard him!"

"— and besides, I haven't seen a single lifeguard since we got here! What if I drown? Who will save me? Counselor Badgermole over here?"

"Uh, bro, half the people who work here are Water Tribe. We're lifegaurds by default," Korra scoffed. "Come on in!"

"The hair, Korra. I have to protect the hair."

The others shrugged and continued swimming. Korra had convinced Kuvira to drag some pool noodles out from a dusty old shed that probably hadn't been opened in ten years. Mako and Asami had a foam sword fight on the docks, last man standing style. Asami wasn't holding back, either.

"AAAAHHHH!" Wu screamed, as Mako lost his balance and tripped.

The two boys tumbled into the lake, with poor Wu doggie-paddling to stay afloat.

"Help me, Mako! Save me!" he screamed, scrambling to hold onto the other boy.

"Alright... calm down... ouch, dude, mind the neck!"

"Mako!" Asami laughed from up on the dock, "Protect the hair!"

"I'M WORKING ON IT!"

"Hey, no touching of the same sex!" Kuvira chided from the shore.

"But he has to protect the hair, Counselor Badgermole!" Korra shouted back.

Everyone laughed but the Kuvira and Wu.

—————

"Oh man, look at this mess," Wu said, checking himself out in Asami's pocket mirror.

"Dude, just take a shower tonight. You're going to get up early to fix it up anyways," Mako retorted.

"Yeah, but what if a cute boy see's it and thinks 'ugh that Wu dude is a total fugly'."