Spirit World

"Ouch Mako that was my foot!" Korra snapped to the darkness.

"Sorry."

They pushed their way past more brambles. All four of them had to be extremely careful though; if anyone saw them with scratches on their faces from the woods they were sure to get in trouble. The group ducked around another set of branches and found a clearing.

Asami's fingers "accidentally" brushed Korra's.

"Fuck... no.... now's not the time Korra."

"Hey, what's that up there?" Wu said, squinting at the shape in the darkness.

They stumbled forwards— clinging onto each other. It wasn't as though they could bring flashlights with them.

"It looks like a building. Do you think we're on camp property still?" Mako asked.

"I'm pretty sure there's a fence going around the whole place. But I've never seen this building before," Asami answered, tripping over Wu's leg.

He helped her up, "Well come on, then! Let's go check it out!"

The two boys and two girls peered into the dusty windows— there was absolutely nothing in there. Not even a box or two? Weird.

"One, two, three... PUSH!" Mako said, as they all piled against the door.

The four teenagers were all it took. A loud groan resonated through the woods as the door managed to open. Hopefully nobody would hear that.

"Oh."

"Yeah, there's not much, is there?"

"Is this, like, a store room?"

"Who knows? But they didn't leave it locked, so it's our hideout now!"

Too bad there weren't any couches, but in the corner they managed to find two dozen cinderblocks. Mako and Korra moved them to make something for everyone to sit on. Korra noticeably sat across the room from Asami.

The four of them talked and joked all night— which was way more fun away from Kuvira's prying ears. Korra got to learn about Wu's shitty situation back home and how Mako lost his parents in a fire. She told them about her uncle and Hopah.

"Oh, girl, that fucking sucks!" Wu said, leaning back against the wall.

Korra shrugged, and looked at the ground. She could feel Asami's eyes drilling holes into her.

"So what should we do here?" Mako asked.

"We should make a hideout here! A place to get away from all that Vaatu and "straight" shit," Wu said excitedly.

Asami folded her arms, "What is there to do here? There's no alcohol and no cellphones and honestly I'd rather be sleeping."

"I think I know how to get us some alcohol, but you have to be patient," Wu said smugly.

"How!?!"

"Now, now, mustn't reveal all my secrets, Asami," he answered.

"We can't talk about this place around the other campers and counselors," Mako noted. "What about a code name?"

They all sat and thought about it. No one came up with any ideas for a few moments.

"I've got it," Korra laughed with a sly grin.

"What?"

"The Spirit World."

"Sounds perfect," Asami said.

                            —————

"You all look tired," Kuvira commented, setting her plate down at their regular table.