Jake and Josh: on Nickelodeon

Oliver's POV

Elliott had fallen asleep due to the strain on his body, the doctor said, but he was fine. It was typical for male births, apparently. After a successful surgery, Tate and I were presented with two beautiful boys.

I couldn't help it. I cried like a baby. "Look at how cute they are," I sobbed, looking up at Tate. "Look, they have our noses. And Elliott's cute little mouth. Look how tiny their ears are. Oh my goddess, look at his big toe."

"It's so tiny," Tate gushed, giving our baby's big toe a little boop.

They were both precious little munchkins, so tiny that they were hardly bigger than my two hands.

The twin that I got to hold was almost bald, and slept soundly except for the occasional twitch of his mouth and whine noises. Tate's adorable bundle had a full head of black hair and kept scratching himself in the face by accident.

I looked over to see Tate sniffling, green eyes wide and amazed. "We're dads."

Tate leaned his head against my shoulder and I kissed his hair. We were actually going to be parents. My heart couldn't have been more full.

Our sweet boys were taken away for cleaning and procedural tests, and Elliott was still snoozing as they cleaned his wound, so Tate and I filled out some forms to take away some stress for him. I kept glancing over at my babies adoringly, happy that I got to be close to them.

We didn't let go of each other's hands as we filled out the birth certificate. I couldn't even imagine letting Tate go for a second.

"Okay, so we're really doing it," Tate said, looking at the paper with wide eyes. "Wyatt and Elijah, right? Those were the last ones that we all liked."

I shook my head. "No, we can't. Elliott changed his mind last minute. You were too busy puking to hear it."

Tate squinted at me. "Really? Maybe we should hold off for him to wake up then, so we can discuss it."

"Nope," I shook my head with certainty. "He said he wanted the names Jacob and Joshua. He told me to make sure to name 'em right away, even if he fell asleep."

"They aren't too similar, you don't think?"

I shrugged, too filled with affection for Elliott and our two children to even dwell on it. "Elliott smiled so bright when he said it, we just hafto. You didn't see his face, Tate. He was so happy."

Tate's expression melted a little bit at that, and his mouth turned up into a soft smile. "If it's what Elliott wants. I like those names. Jake and Josh, huh? That sounds familiar."

"Yeah, like those two names belong together."

"They just...sounds good together, for some reason."

Elliott stirred soon after they'd cleaned his wound and pumped him with a few more drugs that I couldn't remember the names to. His beautiful blue eyes opened and he smiled a sappy smile. I leaned down and kissed him, long and loving. Tate did the same right after.

"You did amazing," Tate whispered, grabbing Elliott's hand. "I saw every second. You were so brave—"

"Nice try. I remember you puking into a bucket," he croaked, snickering at Tate's expense.

"Oh, dammit."

I laughed and cut in with a kiss to Elliott's forehead. "They're so perfect, Ellie, you should just see 'em."

Elliott turned his head. The doctors had just about finished with their tests, and our boys were swaddled up. One doctor — a lady named Nora, from Elliott's pack — handed Jacob over to Elliott. I could tell it was Jacob because of his little bald head.