The Last Meeting

Oliver's POV

It was probably irrational to bring multiple body guards to meet with Zander and his psychopath son, but this time we knew who we were dealing with. So we ended up coming with both kids, so that nobody could take them while we were gone, and multiple werewolves to protect them.

My vision went red when I saw Noel. He was sitting there with his scumbag mate — what was that guy's name again? Mark? — looking all sad and woeful.

I could hit him.

Zander had the audacity to look surprised. "Alpha Oliver. In our call, I clarified that this is a formal apology."

I glanced at the muscle we'd brought. "Can't be too cautious."

I made the mistake of letting my gaze remain on Noel. I watched the kid look at my children — two angels bundled in their double stroller, fast asleep — and I nearly combusted.

Besides occasional nightmares, falling back into our old routine had made it almost possible to forget our tragedy. Until now.

I stepped in front, blocking my two sons from his view. He met my eyes and it took every grain of self control that I had to stop myself from snarling.

Good thing, too. Noel's eyes dropped shamefully to the ground.

"Take a seat," Zander offered with a flourish of a hand. "As I explained over the phone, this will be very brief."

Which, for Zander, meant under four hours.

We took our seats, with Elliott in the middle and our babies protectively behind us.

"What my son did to your family was not kind," Alpha Zander said, making the understatement of the century. "We have been thinking hard about how to make reparations to your pack for the crime that had been committed."

I leaned back in my seat and leveled my glare at Noel. "I want him exiled."

Mark and Zander both sat up in their seats, Zander's eyes flashing for a moment. "That is not possible," Zander gritted out.

"Why?" I snapped. "Because he's your brat?"

Noel trembled slightly, eyes filled with tears. What a little sociopath. "Maybe I should be."

Tate gestures at Noel with a smug smirk. "See? He agrees. He's on our side."

Noel nodded. "I'm... I know it doesn't mean much, but I'm sorry. I thought that I'd be useless if I couldn't continue the family line. I wanted a white wolf pup, so it would feel like mine."

His eyes darted to Zander, wide and nervous. Zander glared at him, probably willing him to shut up.

Mark's hand rested on Noel's shoulder. He lifted his chin. "This isn't Noel's fault. You are the one who put that shame in his mind." He glared at Zander. "I just wanted a family with my mate. Rumor has it, you didn't want the kids anyway."

This time the glare was for Elliott, who flinched and dropped his gaze. "That's not true," he said miserably.

Tate and I exchanged a look. I shifted my chair to help block Elliott from that bastard's sneery gaze.

"I decided I don't want Noel punished," Tate said boldly, staring at Mark. "I want that one ripped limb from limb."

Zander brightened. "Really? Well, perhaps not limb from limb — we're not animals — but a physical punishment? I can make that happen. Perhaps the loss of one singular limb... or two, one for each pup stolen."

Noel's face had gone completely pale. "No! I'll get punished."

"No chance," Mark growled. "I'd rather me than you."