A Wholesome Chapter

Elliott's POV

Three whole weeks with our children. Three. Whole Weeks.

We'd improved so much since the beginning. I now only cried about how cute they were once a day, rather than three times. Tate knew how to install a crib. Oliver could set up the stroller. I knew the exact amount of seconds in the microwave that made the perfect bottle temperature.

Oliver had made a lot of improvement personally. He no longer argued when Tate and I dressed our children in fun consumes. He'd also learned how to use both the oven and the dishwasher.

So yeah, all in all, a lot of great things had happened.

But best of all: I could finally have sex.

And for the first time ever, my mates were actually home. So that meant—

"Put the babies down for a nap," I begged Oliver, who was bouncing the two of them on his lap. "Please. I'm begging. We need to fuck now."

Oliver looked up, eyes wide and mouth curving into a smirk. "But look at how awake they are."

They were very awake. Jake was gurgling and attempting to eat his left food. Josh was pulling at the ears of his bunny costume.

I hated how awake they were.

"Where's Tate?" I whined. "I miss him."

Oliver patted the couch next to him. "Tate's mowin' the lawn. Might take two hours. Why don't we get comfy and watch a movie?"

I whined. "But...but sex..."

The smile he sent me was so angel-perfect that I knew he was teasing me. "Isn't life about more than sex?"

I narrowed my eyes on him. "Who are you and what have you done with the love of my life?"

A blush spread on his cheeks and he barely contained a goofy smile. "Aw. Ellie—"

"Yeah, I knew you'd like that, now grab your brother and let's get to doin' the nasty."

"All in good time."

He gestured me over and I grumpily plopped down next to him. Josh held his arms out toward me and I gratefully took him from Oliver, holding him to my chest and bouncing him up and down.

When I looked up, Oliver's gaze was starstruck. "Elliott...I love you."

Even though we'd been together for years, those words always affected me. I met him in a kiss and ignored Josh's steady drool down the front of my shirt.

Just when I was about to suggest a quickie on the couch, Tate appeared on the staircase with a wide grin.

"Great job distracting him, Ollie," Tate said.

"Huh?" The intelligence of my response was unbelievable.

Oliver pulled away and grinned. "I could totally be a spy!"

I wanted to ask what the hell they were talking about — and why Tate wasn't mowing the lawn — but they were too busy bickering.

"No, this isn't spying you limp napkin, it's—"

"Why not?!"

"You were a distraction, that's not—"

"Idiots?" I butted in. "What the hell?"

Oliver took Josh from me, yelled, "Hold on!" in Tate's face, and dashed out of the room.

A hardly had time to say, "What is going on?" before Oliver came back into the room, child-less.